Chuck Ragan last night

go

It was awesome. Last date on their European Tour in Vienna, small and packed club. Chuck seemed to be really enjoying it too. Said he´s going hit the studio in about 2 weeks to record a new album. Played his own songs, some of HWM and the record with Austin Lucas. I didn´t expect the show to be so full of energy, glad i went. Just wanted to share :)

awesome!

i had the chance to see him play a solo show with matt skiba august 9, 2007 in chicago. they both played a bunch of acoustic songs on their own, but they also played on stage together for a lot of it. one of the best shows i've ever been to. chuck seemed so happy/grateful to be there. he's one of the nicer guys in the industry, from everything i've gathered. i'll never stop supporting him and his music.

awesome!

i had the chance to see him play a solo show with matt skiba august 9, 2007 in chicago. they both played a bunch of acoustic songs on their own, but they also played on stage together for a lot of it. one of the best shows i've ever been to. chuck seemed so happy/grateful to be there. he's one of the nicer guys in the industry, from everything i've gathered. i'll never stop supporting him and his music.

This was one of the greatest shows I've ever been to.

the ONLY bad thing about that show was that they didn't play radio. i remember thinking the entire time that they're play it as the last song, so as each song when on and it wasn't being played i wasn't bummed cause i just kept figuring "it's gonna be the last one". even when they walked off stage i was like "duhh encore", but there wasn't one.

i remember walking down the stairs (i watched from the front row of the balcony) and just singing it out loud on my own, just me and my friend i went with. as we sang, EVERYBODY around us joined in and we sang the whole fucking song. it made the night even better that way. haha.

It would have been a great closer, but I was more stoked on the fact that they played Bleeder together. That is one of my all time favorite songs and they are two of my favorite musicians.

I was on the floor and was apparently the only person who knew most of Chuck's stuff (especially older Rumbleseat stuff) because I was going nuts for those songs and no one else on the floor really gave a shit. I'll always remember that because as I was singing along to one of Chuck's songs I remember Matt pointing and smiling at me because I was the only person who knew what was going on haha.

I was at the Chicago show with Skiba as well...that show was fucking rad. I think at that show they played Rooftops together and the sing along from the crowd was intense.

last year when he played at Schubas(well, everytime in Chicago he plays this but...) he played Bleeder and hearing the crowd sing along to that song reminds me of old Alkaline Trio shows at Fireside...just the roaring, line for line, sing along. goddamn.

Chuck fuckin rules. end of story.

i LOVE those moments at shows. i went to alkaline trio's record release show for Agony & Irony this july, the 1st (the day it came out, obviously). i had been listening to that album for about 3 weeks prior though because i illegally downloaded the illegally leaked version. illegally. the whole show i sang every word of every song they played, old and new, even the rare shit that only REALLY big fans knew. i was front row, so all 3 of them throughout the show at some point looked at me and winked/smiled/derek pointed at me with his drumstick a couple times and nodded his head like "how do you know all this shit already? our record came out 14 hours ago!"

the buddy i went to the chuck/matt show with got me into rumbleseat at a very early age, so i knew all that shit, too. everybody on the balcony with us that night just turned and looked at us like "is this a cover song?" and wondered how we knew the lyrics.

I think at that show they played Rooftops together and the sing along from the crowd was intense.

they most certainly did. i remember the whole crowd went "GEORGE SMOKES WEED!!!!" at the right time in the song, and matt stepped back and smiled like "wow i wasn't expecting that..."

pretty great show.

i LOVE those moments at shows. i went to alkaline trio's record release show for Agony & Irony this july, the 1st (the day it came out, obviously). i had been listening to that album for about 3 weeks prior though because i illegally downloaded the illegally leaked version. illegally. the whole show i sang every word of every song they played, old and new, even the rare shit that only REALLY big fans knew. i was front row, so all 3 of them throughout the show at some point looked at me and winked/smiled/derek pointed at me with his drumstick a couple times and nodded his head like "how do you know all this shit already? our record came out 14 hours ago!"

the buddy i went to the chuck/matt show with got me into rumbleseat at a very early age, so i knew all that shit, too. everybody on the balcony with us that night just turned and looked at us like "is this a cover song?" and wondered how we knew the lyrics.

yeah at the Schubas show, that's kind a what he did when he played Bleeder...when people are milling around and talking to each other and there because it's "the cool place to be" and not paying attention...he'll do that to shut people up. There were a couple aging yuppies at that show standing in front of me and some friends and being royal pains in the asses and talking a lot-loudly and the room was jam packed so we couldn't move... and when he started up bleeder...man they had no fucking clue what was going on and retreated to the back of the room.

yeah at the Schubas show, that's kind a what he did when he played Bleeder...when people are milling around and talking to each other and there because it's "the cool place to be" and not paying attention...he'll do that to shut people up. There were a couple aging yuppies at that show standing in front of me and some friends and being royal pains in the asses and talking a lot-loudly and the room was jam packed so we couldn't move... and when he started up bleeder...man they had no fucking clue what was going on and retreated to the back of the room.

That's pretty much what the Revival Tour ended up being. Tons of people who just showed up to hang out, get drunk and talk through the sets. I ended up leaving early because the show was pretty much getting ruined.

the revival tour didn't stop at any cities really close to me, but i was willing to make a drive. i figured this would be the case, though, so i ended up not going. the live full-set recordings i've gotten since have been good enough for me that i'm glad i didn't have to put up with drunk people talking through the whole show. that's the only bad part about all-acoustic shows...

Exactly! Since the show was sold out Reggie's decided it would be a good idea to sell 50 more tickets at an elevated price that would then allow people to get unlimited free beers. This lead to quite a drunk mess of people surrounding myself and my friends. We all ended up leaving early because of this.

The general consensus was that while the performances and msuic was amazing the show itself was a completel letdown due to the people.