Photos: Tim Barry Rivanna Junction LP Green Vinyl

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

[image]

With the repress of Tim Barry's Rivanna Junction, we had a few issues come up and because of this, what was supposed to be a Rivanna Junction repress on white vinyl is now actually green vinyl. I know you see a photo of Rivanna on both Green and White, but let me explain. When ordering this re-order, I had full intention on pressing this on white vinyl. Because the vinyl stampers were done through Record Pressing (who used to press through the Czech plant GZ and who stopped working with GZ), the vinyl was now being pressed in the states and because it was being pressed at a new plant, test pressings were made. We approved the tests but after pressing 200 copies on white, further inspection found for reasons we don't know of, the white vinyl was not sounding as good as the test pressings. Obviously, we want the vinyl to sound good so we told them to press on another color (green in this case). We were on a time crunch since Tim just left out on a tour with Austin and Josh so we said fuck it, let's press it on Green. The Green vinyl sounds great. The folks at Record Pressing asked us if we wanted to check out the white vinyl to see if they passed our inspection. We got 5 copies on white and we listened to them and like they had suggested, the vinyl just didn't sound good. we asked them to destroy the 200 copies they had at their plant which leaves us with 5 copies on white. This will serve as an asterik on the 3rd pressing. Because of all of this, if you ordered a copy on White, you are getting Green.

Sorry for the long explanation, but we have copies in stock and they are shipping now. thanks.

Guest Admin
IMO, the white copies should have been turned into notebooks, coasters, or bowls. I think that would have been better than destroying them.

they are melted down for a future vinyl pressing.

IMO, the white copies should have been turned into notebooks, coasters, or bowls. I think that would have been better than destroying them.

they are melted down for a future vinyl pressing.

Oh man, I already mailed out the letterbomb. Glad the green copies sounded better, would have sucked if it was a stamp problem.

Guest Admin
this is one big' ol monkey wrench in my Tim Barry collection!

it might be best to just write off that color. it's kind of like a test pressing.