Young Widows Split 7" Series

on a related note, I ended up seeing YW in baltimore the other week and was not impressed. They sounded good, but the overall stage show with the lights in the amps and no in-between song talking bummed me out.

also, my disco was the most boring band I have ever, ever seen.

The DC show on monday night was insane. I normally dislike instrumental bands (I mean, they're OK in some contexts, but live they can be boring as fuck), but My Disco killed. Such manic energy, and the drummer was going nuts.

Young Widows were great, as usual, but they only played songs from Old Wounds. They were having some problems with their amps and that necessitated a lot of between-song banter. There was also a heckler in the crowd, which was a nice touch.

You should have come to the DC show!

on a related note, I ended up seeing YW in baltimore the other week and was not impressed. They sounded good, but the overall stage show with the lights in the amps and no in-between song talking bummed me out.

also, my disco was the most boring band I have ever, ever seen.

The DC show on monday night was insane. I normally dislike instrumental bands (I mean, they're OK in some contexts, but live they can be boring as fuck), but My Disco killed. Such manic energy, and the drummer was going nuts.

Young Widows were great, as usual, but they only played songs from Old Wounds. They were having some problems with their amps and that necessitated a lot of between-song banter. There was also a heckler in the crowd, which was a nice touch.

they're one of those bands that pretty much abandons all old material as soon as the new stuff is ready...I'm fairly anti-instrumental bands, but if My Disco is actually exciting live, then I'd be curious to see them/hear them.

I left my house today and saw the mail had delivered the first 2 7"s last night so I have those with me now...can't wait to get home tonight to listen to them.

he was annoying most of the night, except for the line during young widows amp problems, "so what your saying is you didn't pay for the screwdriver"

pygmy lush was really good, i picked up their split. my disco i enjoyed a lot, very hypnotic.

he was annoying most of the night, except for the line during young widows amp problems, "so what your saying is you didn't pay for the screwdriver"

pygmy lush was really good, i picked up their split. my disco i enjoyed a lot, very hypnotic.

I didn't know there were other VCers there! We should have hung out.

Yeah, dude was annoying and out of place, but he at least made it interesting.

I've seen YW three times now, and I always love their shows, but it seems like Evan is always really pissed off about something. Maybe it's just his personality?

Guest afsdan

My Disco is great, though I haven't heard their latest album. They have an early 7" and 10" that are their strongest material.

Awesome live show.

I've seen YW three times now, and I always love their shows, but it seems like Evan is always really pissed off about something. Maybe it's just his personality?

Evan is a good guy, I think he's just a little weird, he's really quiet and the introverted Patterson brother.

...I've gotten to know him better over the last few years from the Black Cross thing, but he is always very intense on stage for YW.

hah, i know man, i was there on my lonesome as always. next time! tera melos?!

this was my cherry poppin yw show, but yea they definitely weren't 'happy' hah

Struckanerve and Yahhey07 - hit me up next time you guys go to a show. I try to make it to as many as I can.

I had a chance to listen to the first two 7"s this weekend. The YW song on the Melt Banana 7" is weird. I'm not sure I like the vocals.

The BPB split is fucking incredible. I love the Bonnie song, and HOLY FUCK King of the Backburners might be my favorite song this year. Soooo good.

My Disco is great, though I haven't heard their latest album. They have an early 7" and 10" that are their strongest material.

Awesome live show.

out of the 3 songs they played, there were 4 bass notes. it sounded cool at first, but when I realized the tempo and bass "line" wasn't going to change, I looked towards the guitarist to save it and he did 80% feedback. I get what they're doing, but it was about as exciting as seeing one of those "revolutionary" painters' blank white canvases that are passed off as art.

i am sincerely shocked they (being from australia) are able to tour off continent.