Tone arm weight question:

On some records, I have to have all the weight on the tonearm + some more weight in order to listen to it without skipping. I have a Numark TT200 turntable with a Shure SC35C cartridge and stylus. Since there is a lot of weight on the tonearm, I know it will cause my records to wear down faster. Plus it's annoying that most my records skip because the tonearm is never heavy enough. Would buying a different/better type of stylus or cartridge solve this problem? Give me some advice.

i would just note the ones that skip if its too light and adjust the weight according to whatever your listening to. I know its a pain in the ass, but so is looking for a rare record that you might have and have to look for again once its worn out.

speaking of which, you have a tradelist?

i would just note the ones that skip if its too light and adjust the weight according to whatever your listening to. I know its a pain in the ass, but so is looking for a rare record that you might have and have to look for again once its worn out.

I don't have a tradelist yet. I'm pretty new a collecting and the list wouldn't be very big or special I don't think. I'll make one soon. I just hate how most of my records skip and it's a pain in the asshole to try and get it all working. What would be a good website for me to post my list on?

I don't have a tradelist yet. I'm pretty new a collecting and the list wouldn't be very big or special I don't think. I'll make one soon. I just hate how most of my records skip and it's a pain in the asshole to try and get it all working. What would be a good website for me to post my list on?

Deadformat.net