Hawks & Doves 7" pressing info.

[image]

You just said the one to the right is gold. I'd say not. In any event, the two on the right aren't BOTH gold. So if one is gold (and again, I'm not trying to get in a VC pissing match with anyone) then what is the OTHER color? I'd say one is gold and one is orange. Interesting if nothing else. But I'm just a dude.

Maybe it's a freak looking raspberry? Lucky devil... :)

Thanks! I don't know what it is. I don't know if it will ever end up in the color breakdown of the discography or not. It could be a repress already circulating and be out of a thousand. It's just neat is all. Thought I'd run it by the crew here. Stoked!

Everyone should buy this record that doesn't already have it. These songs are killer. The 7" version of Hush Money is VERY different from the FEST 7 comp version. So good. The Boss cover is pretty lights out too.

I'm really not sure how record pressing works. But if they pressed the two colors in succession on the same machine, I would guess that it's a transition color from being in between the raspberry and gold colors.

That's likely the situation.

And yes, there are a few orange ones, discovered late in the game. I dunno the numbers, but there are not a lot of them.

This is a somewhat limited record. We are not making 1000. I think there are 100 covers leftover, but I dunno that we'll use them. So, looks like 500 in this run, plus the 200 FEST version. And then gone. (The album is coming along nicely. Should be out sometime in 2009.)