paypal question...

hey buds, thanks for the help in advance.

so i bought 2 records off a website, and it totalled around 42 bucks. in my paypal account i had 28 bucks. so standard procedure is money gets emptied out of paypal account and credit card gets charged the difference (14 bucks in this case).

so i did that up and now i have no money in my account (expected), and it says:

original authorization, type: authorization to aural exploits, status: pending, amount: -$42.

related transaction, type: temporary hold, status: placed, amount: -$28.

can someone break this down for me please and tell me how much my card is going to be charged and what this set-up means?

thanks.

basically when you use your card it puts a "temporary hold" on the amount, until its actually processed.

if you go to a restaurant, and your bill is 20 dollars, it puts a temporary hold on 20 bucks, and then later when the place processes it with tip and everything, and it clears the banks, it goes through for 25, and 25 dollars is taken from your account. but they hold that original 20 bucks, since cards take a couple days to process at the bank, and that way, you cant take that money out of your account in the meantime.

so basically they put a temporary hold on that 28 dollars you had in your account. then, when the transaction is actually processed, that 28 dollars will be officially sent to the place you bought them from (aural exploits), and then your card will be charged the remaining 14 dollars, and youll see a line in your paypal account that details that charge to in a couple days.

hope that explains it.