Proper way to deal with a PayPal claim?

I recently sold a lot of records to people on this board, and one buyer sent me a message saying they haven't received their records and that it must have been returned to sender. The USPS tracking # confirms it was delivered, and my post office has not seen it, but even after telling the buyer this and supplying him with the number from the time I shipped the records, he opened a PayPal claim.

What is the best way to deal with this situation in order to help the guy find his records, but make sure I am not held accountable if they are lost? I think the delivery confirmation is enough, but if it escalates to a claim PayPal has to be involved in, what other evidence do I need?

Send him threatening emails. Remind him that you have his address.

Seriously though, do you have the receipt? I really can't imagine that paypal can hold you accountable if you have a tracking number saying it was delivered, especially with the receipt along with it. The buyer sounds like kind of a douche. I guess I don't know the whole situation, but it's shitty to think that someone on here would try to put you out your records and your money, when the seller did nothing wrong.

If it says it was delivered and they haven't got it, the most likely reason is because their package was delivered to the wrong address or it was stolen (or the buyer is a liar, but it doesn't sound like that's in the mix). Tell the buyer to take the DC # and go to the post office that handles their mail and have them figure it out.

If a package is sent back, it will not say delivered when you check the DC #, so that shouldn't be the case.

And Paypal won't take your cash, I believe, since you have a DC # that says delivered, so I'm pretty sure you're safe. Pretty sure.

Hope that helps some!

I recently had a few people who claimed to have not gotten packages. I don't really know how to go about it either. People don't want to spend money on shipping so they go with media or first class mail with NO additional options and then when the record gets lost they want to shoot daggers saying the seller dropped the ball. It's a lose-lose. I will no longer be offering affordable shipping in my auctions. It's not worth the negative impact and paypal/eBay pretty much always side with the buyer on the issue. Such a bummer. That, or I'm just not selling records on eBay anymore.

I recently had a few people who claimed to have not gotten packages. I don't really know how to go about it either. People don't want to spend money on shipping so they go with media or first class mail with NO additional options and then when the record gets lost they want to shoot daggers saying the seller dropped the ball. It's a lose-lose. I will no longer be offering affordable shipping in my auctions. It's not worth the negative impact and paypal/eBay pretty much always side with the buyer on the issue. Such a bummer. That, or I'm just not selling records on eBay anymore.

Just get DC. I get DC on every single thing that I ship. It's less than a dollar, and you are in the clear if something should happen.