Video I recorded of Kay Kay at their album release

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Kay Kay performing “Hey Momma” at album release show

Ok, let me explain. I have this crappy digital camera and I decided to film my first video on it. Understand that I am optically challenged, I didn’t have the best vantage point to film the entire band, and there is something else. I am tone deaf and for whatever reason (I blame it on the incredible beer selection at the venue) I decided to sing along about 10 seconds into the video. As the audio will attest, I am probably one of the world’s worst singers. This could be why I love the man, the myth, the legend, William Hung. Luckily, I realized that my camera had the possibility of picking up my drastically bad audio and I kept my mouth shut throughout the rest of the song.

As you can see from the rest of the video, the band are one of the best kept secrets in the Northwest. The show was incredible. The venue was easily the nicest venue I have ever stepped foot in. The dining was top notch and their selection of Belgium beers was fantastic. The band performed their entire album from start to finish to a sold out audience who loved every minute of it. Steph and I feel very lucky to have experienced such an amazing performance and I am really hoping that somehow, we are able to help this band get the recognition they deserve. Now we just need to figure out a way to get a 13 to 17 piece band out on the road without losing their shirts.

Not only were the band fantastic, they were all really nice folks. Same goes for their manager, Mike Kaminsky, and their booking agent, Will Evans. I plan to share some photos from our whirlwind trip, but I thought I would share with you a little bit of our experience from the show.

Again, i am really sorry about my singing. You never realize just how bad you are until you hear yourself recorded or you see those folks on American Idol.

really really dissapointed about not going. I really don't understand how they aren't way bigger than they are.

I think you will be hearing a lot more from these guys soon. I also recommend checking out wild orchid children which is their more stripped down rock band. WOC are going to be on tour with Portugal the Man very soon and we are going to do a double 7" in the near future.