PO: GOD FIRES MAN - 2 tracks for free

[image]

On June 26th, we will put out the new album by GOD FIRES MAN from NYC on our label Arctic Rodeo Recordings.

The album will be called "Life Like".

This record will be released on vinyl as well, including a free CD which is going to contain the whole album in digital.

We will probably have 100 copies on black vinyl, 200 copies on white vinyl and 200 copies on solid red vinyl.

All vinyl LPs will be numbered by hand.

GOD FIRES MAN consist of the two singers and guitarists Arthur Sheperd (Mind Over Matter, Bad Trip, Errortype:11, Instruction) and Joseph Grillo (Garrison), drummer Drew Thomas (Bold, Into Another, Walking Concert, New Rising Sons) and bassist John Wilkinson.

"Life Like" was produced by Alex Newport who used to be the band leader of the legendary Fudge Tunnel and a member of Nailbomb and Theory Of Ruin. You might also know him from his work with bands like Death Cab For Cutie, The Mars Volta, The Locust, The Icarus Line, At The Drive-In, The Melvins and many othery.

I am pretty sure Virgil will have copies of this record in stock. I will keep you posted of course.

Later this year, we will put out the debut album "A Billion Balconies" by GOD FIRES MAN on vinyl in Europe as well.

Thanks to everyone who is interested!

The band is going to play some shows in New York soon.

If you are around, go and check them out!

April 18th 2009 9:00pm Bar Matchless Brooklyn, New York

April 23rd 2009 8:00pm The Delancey NYC, New York

May 19th 2009 9:00pm Arlene’s Grocery NYC, New York

http://www.myspace.com/godfiresman

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I would love to do a vinyl version of "Run To Be Born".... but I have left the label after I had put out the Walking Concert album in Germany a couple of years ago. The German label didn't want the record on vinyl, so unfortunately it didn't work out.

I am afraid I can't do anything about it.

Maybe it's a stupid question but coud it be so hard ask for the rights from the label or ask to Walter to do something about that??

No no, that's not a stupid question.... but it's not that easy, there are several parties involved.

Right now would I rather concentrate on future releases, but you never know. Thanks for bringing up this idea again though.... we will see.

Maybe it's a stupid question but coud it be so hard ask for the rights from the label or ask to Walter to do something about that??

No no, that's not a stupid question.... but it's not that easy, there are several parties involved.

Right now would I rather concentrate on future releases, but you never know. Thanks for bringing up this idea again though.... we will see.

Ok...Thank you for you patience and can't wait for next label releases!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The vinyl test pressing sare finally approved, and even though "Life Like" by the New York band GOD FIRES MAN is going to be officially released on June 26th, we are starting the pre-order already today.

The new album by Arthur Shepherd (Mind Over Matter, Bad Trip, Errortype:11, Instruction), Joseph Grillo (Garrison), Drew Thomas (Bold, Into Another, Walking Concert, New Rising Sons) and John Wilkinson is going to be offered in beautiful packaging and nice formats.

The LP includes three exclusive bonus tracks.

This is going to be a deluxe 180g pressing, as always numbered by hand and available in different vinyl colors (ca. 100 copies on black vinyl, ca. 200 copies on red vinyl and ca. 200 copies on white vinyl).

Further, there will be added an audio CD, containing the whole album in digital including the bonus tracks – for free and including mp3s as well.

But we still wanted to give you guys some more, so we have added a free mp3 label compilation on this CD.

For the people who order first, we have a little suprise which we would definitely call a collector’s item. From the band, we have got a handful of copies of the debut CD EP called "Dark" which has never been released physically except for the UK and which we will give away for free to the ones who order first.

Oh - the record is 13.00 Euros, shipping overseas from Germany is 6.00 Euros (without insurance).

Thanks to everyone interested!

http://www.arcticrodeorecordings.com

We have finally received the records, and they look beautiful.

This is a 180g pressing, and the exact numbers are:

- 100 copies on black vinyl

- 200 copies on red vinyl

- 205 copies on white vinyl

There is a free CD added including the whole album as audio CD and mp3 files. There is a free mp3 label compilation included on the CD as well.

[image]

[image]

[image]

http://www.arcticrodeorecordings.com

• 2 weeks later...

We still can’t get this record off our turntable, so we decided giving away two tracks for free. You can download "A Billion Balconies Facing The Sun" and "Kill The Pundits" by klicking this link:

http://www.arcticrodeorecordings.com/cms/index.php?id=54,70,0,0,1,0

You can order the record at Vinyl Collective as well:

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33450