Slipmat ignorance

Trainwreck is fucking amazing. That's all I can say to this post.

you my friend get your first +1

Didn't they do a split with Comadre? I went to one of their shows last year and I was blown away by Trainwreck. I had never heard them before that show. I love the Like Weeds cover they do. Damn I need to find that cd!

would any of you replace the felt slipmats that come on a Pro-Ject or Rega with a rubber one?

I think if you're DJing, it would be better to not use a rubber one. I may be wrong, but that's what I have read.

Also, is it safe to use a slipmat if it appears to be warped and is not playing the records flat?

you my friend get your first +1

Didn't they do a split with Comadre? I went to one of their shows last year and I was blown away by Trainwreck. I had never heard them before that show. I love the Like Weeds cover they do. Damn I need to find that cd!

Ouch! Props given for appriciation of the wrong Train Wreck!

The album pictured in Riddle's avitar is Boys Night Out's album "Train Wreck", which, by the way, IS "fucking amazing".

would any of you replace the felt slipmats that come on a Pro-Ject or Rega with a rubber one?

I think if you're DJing, it would be better to not use a rubber one. I may be wrong, but that's what I have read.

Also, is it safe to use a slipmat if it appears to be warped and is not playing the records flat?

Umm... slipmats are to keep records from scratching on the mteal tray. And slipmats don't warp... records are not 100% flat, so it will go up and down.

The album pictured in Riddle's avitar is Boys Night Out's album "Train Wreck", which, by the way, IS "fucking amazing".

I kind of realized this after I lurked his myspace. It's all good though, both bands are tight!

I kind of realized this after I lurked his myspace. It's all good though, both bands are tight!

haha that's funny. good times anyways.