South Florida Record Stores?

Guest duhpunk

I wasn't even aware of Backbone...but Radio Active was pretty decent. Went in there last weekend and picked up a few things. Good prices for the most part.

Guest duhpunk
this is very good to know, my parents have a house in Boynton, so i find my self tyhere once or twice a year

There is a guy who supposedly has a warehouse full of records in West Palm Beach that he's selling, but he hasn't updated his Myspace in a while. So I don't know if he's still in business or if he pawned all his stuff off somewhere.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=202648816

I'm going to try and make it over there before I move to Tampa. I'll try to remember to report back with what I find.

"store" was called Always Selling, but he only buys. wtf

Guest duhpunk

I went to check out Backbone today. I literally could not find it. There was a huge ass police station where the store was supposed to be.

Guest duhpunk
Radio Active is CONSIDERABLY better. There is SO much to look through, though. I found that I had to do a lot of skimming and still walked away 7 records. More than likely I could've found more but I didn't have the hours I would've needed.

what'd you end up finding?

I live in Boca. Backbone used to be okay, I guess, since there aren't many other options in the area. I haven't been back since they remodeled, though. It may have gotten better.

I saw Crime In Stereo play there awhile back, and they hold local shows pretty often. I'd say they're better for shows than record buying.

Guest duhpunk

I got some great deals at Radioactive. I definitely plan on going there again before I move. Perhaps see some of you d00dz there for RSD?

Radio Active is CONSIDERABLY better. There is SO much to look through, though. I found that I had to do a lot of skimming and still walked away 7 records. More than likely I could've found more but I didn't have the hours I would've needed.

what'd you end up finding?

I got the Nerf Herder LP on My Records (did the LP ever come out on Arista?), an old Slow Gherkin record, a couple Sergio Mendes records and some other stuff. My girl got a couple records too.

The guy who was working there was alot cooler than the guy at Backbone. Aside from just generally being a dick to us in conversation, when we left BB the guy ran out after us like we stole something and upon seeing that we didn't, casually walked back inside. The selection was not great and the store was so small, I can't imagine anyone could steal from there even if they tried, but that's neither here nor there.

At RA the guy chatted me up and gifted me with RA branded stickers and lighters. He told me that he has a pretty good knowledge of what things sell for but he'd rather make a small profit and make someone's day than have a record sitting in his store for the rest of time. That's definitely an idea I can get behind.

I'm always shopping at Radioactive. Great store and Mike is a great guy. I like a place called The Record Rack on Atlantic and Federal. It's not exactly your spot for new releases but he has a great selection of older records for honorable prices. I picked up "Show" from The Cure there yesterday for $35. It was marked for $50.