KNVBI Records (for fans of isis/jesu/etis etc)

matt

long post of me recommending a newish label and their releases: (id like to know what people think and if they order anything)

backstory:

a couple weeks back back when the robotic empire distro went back up i was checking out some of their new stock. i literally went through everything they just got in and liked a few records. each of the releases were bands i had never heard of and i place each record in my cart. im about to checkout and i noticed all 4 of them were put out by the same label. i do some investigating and find KNVBI Records on myspace. listened to more of the tunes and im down. go direct to the label and buy from them. ended up spending $46ppd on 4 releases. (dude cuts you a little deal if you buy 3 or more records, should have cost $53)

the bands:

Bosch's With You - Originally, BOSCH’S WITH YOU was intended as a studio solo-project of Dima T. Pilot, founder and guitarist for the Moscow-based nippy-band PILOTS UP IN SMOKE. In 2004, when first recording sessions were completed, the actual state of affairs pushed T. Pilot and his project-companions off the studio-caverns on stage, and very soon BOSCH turned into one of the most welcomed live-act of the scene sharing the equal popularity with the vintage outfit of PILOTS. BWY create atmospheric and dreamy-melodic instrumental post-rock music which fluctuates freely throughout the areas of experimental, psychedelic, noise, and ambient rock. The new Bosch’s With You release “…As if” – the second part of the trilogy “Dreams that come a Thing” – performed in keeping with the best traditions of this Moscow band. Hasteless melancholic ambient creates profound psychedelic mosaic stirring the soul and turning upside down your vision of such music. Rich noise palette, breathtaking mastery of sound and emotional tones impel you to listen this piece of ambient art over and over again.

Vanessa Van Basten - Self-Titled - VANESSA VAN BASTEN is a duo with many guests and contributors from the alternative and extreme Italian underground. This is how they describe themselves: "We make slow, heavy, metaphysic instrumental music. Our influences are the cosmic psychedelia, industrial rock like Swans or Godflesh, Neurot & Hydrahead catalogue." Basically, they take a lot of elements from a lot of great bands and re-work the styles into a captivating new whole. This color vinyl LP is a reissue of their original, first, self-released CD-R with 2 bonus tracks not found anywhere else. These guys really need to get over to the states, but in the meantime enjoy this incredible LP on limited colored vinyl (180gram too only 200 pressed on this color of a 300 total pressing)!

One Starving Day - Broken Wings Lead Arms To The Sun - KNVBI loves releasing innovative and weird Italian bands! ONE STARVING DAY definitely have an intense thing going on, with ambience playing a very large part of their epic heavyness. Beyond the typical ISIS / NEUROSIS worship, ONE STARVING DAY implement an array of stringed instruments along with the guitar / bass / drums dynamic. A powerful combination that brings to mind GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR and MOGWAI before the heavy / NEUROSIS love.

also recommended: three steps to the ocean

listen to each of these bands on their myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/knvbirecords

message shawn - tell him matt sent you

[image]

Pressing info:

VVB: 300. 200 1/2 yellow 1/2 brown, 100 1/2 yellow 1/2 brown with splatter.

TSTTO: 500. 100 A/B black and white, 100 white, 300 white with blk haze

BWY: 300, clear red with blk haze

OSD: 300 12" white with blk haze, 7" blk/white A/B

order directly through http://www.myspace.com/knvbirecords

Cool shit.

Thanks for the heads-up Matt!

I picked up 4 records. They all look/sound amazing from what I have seen and heard so far.

+1 to you sir. which ones did you end up ordering?

just to reiterate, if you order 3 or more records shawn will cut you a discount if you message him via myspace.

Cool shit.

Thanks for the heads-up Matt!

I picked up 4 records. They all look/sound amazing from what I have seen and heard so far.

+1 to you sir. which ones did you end up ordering?

just to reiterate, if you order 3 or more records shawn will cut you a discount if you message him via myspace.

I got almost the same as what you ended up with, but replace the Bosch's with the Tomydeepestego one. The Bosch's with you sounded a little too ambient/not enough riffs for my taste, but the TMDE one, even though the most expensive was the one I think I'll like the best, along with the Vanessa one.

That split coming up with Thou on it will likely be amazing as well.

this needs to be bumped again.

just got my records yesterday. everything looks fantastic. as i was going through the records i noticed my three steps to the ocean 12" is on black. thinking oh well, whatever, i turned it over and i see "TEST PRESS 3/5"

NOICE.

solid label, solid dude, solid tunes.