Tivo Series 2 w/ DVD Burner (Toshiba RS-TX20)

kirbs84

I also have this up on Craigslist, so I'm just going to copy that ad...I'll take care of shipping.

Excellent condition, works perfectly. Comes with a Lifetime Tivo Subscription for full Tivo Service (NO fees required; paid $350 for this a few years ago). Also comes with wireless network adapter. Great item to replace your cable DVR. Email for pics. Make a reasonable offer.

yeah, im pretty sure they wont become obsolete, as everything is switching to digital, not hd, but it probably wont be long to get where most channels are going to be hd. also, not positive, but im pretty sure you can record hd channels, it will just not be full quality. NBC is HD, but you can still watch it on a standard TV. again, not sure about any of this, its just my understanding.

No, the digital transition will have no affect on it's functionality. Like Scotterson said, just because everything is going digital, does not mean it's all going HD. But you are correct, this unit CAN NOT play back HD.

However, what it can do is this (forgive me if it gets a little confusing/wordy): if you hook it up to a TV that also is connected to a digital cable box using a splitter, you can set it to record a show on an HD channel, and watch it LIVE in HD. However if you go back and watch the recorded version, it will be in SD letterbox.

The simplest thing is to have it hooked up to a TV that is not using a cable box (but is still receiving basic cable i.e. ch.2-70something). But it will definitely work with digital cable.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, you can also download one of many free programs (such as Tivo2Go) and transfer shows from the Tivo to your computer.