Best way to stretch your ears?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what gauge are you at now? that would probably be the first thing i need to know

also if you want to go straight to a 2 gauge.. have someone scalpel a bit and then pop the plugs in. well unless you're at a 4. then you can just taper. if you're planning to stretch more than a ring size at a time, scalpeling is less strain on the lobes. and makes for less chance of a blow-out.. trust me, you don't want your lobes blowing out.. it's like a anal prolapse for your ear... it's not very attractive.

Guest drahtuos

wear earrings for six months or so then take it size by size every two weeks until your as big as you wanna go, patience is key i think. mine are at 00 and i'm good, my ears never smell funny as thats a common thing for people gauging their ears, and my ears just all around look really nice and i think they would heal up nice if i wanted them to. just don't rush it i guess is what i'm trying to say, be patient and stretch up slowly one size to the next and there should be no issues.

Scalpelling is a horrible idea when you can just stretch your ears normally. I have pretty huge lobes so stretching was easier than for people with smaller lobes. I went from 14 to 10 then 6 > 2 > 0 > 00 > 12 mm. Use tapers and wait about a month between sizes. Don't be stupid and it will all work out.

Scalpelling is a horrible idea when you can just stretch your ears normally. I have pretty huge lobes so stretching was easier than for people with smaller lobes. I went from 14 to 10 then 6 > 2 > 0 > 00 > 12 mm. Use tapers and wait about a month between sizes. Don't be stupid and it will all work out.

how is it a bad idea. i wasn't implying for him to do it on his own (i guess i should have said that).. go to a practioner who knows how. i just recommended if he didn't want to wait, to just scalpel and pop in a ring and voila. It's just a small incision which doesn't even hurt. or just use a dermal punch if he has enough skin. unless maybe the piercers there are just piercers and have no knowledge other than the basics.

stretching is always the best recommended but some people aren't patient. im sure the gauge of his ears is likely small, and at the size he wants to be, scalpeling or a dermal punch isn't bad. as long as that's all he wants to go to.

take your time if you want them to look well and healthy. i was pierced just once at 14g, kept that for a year. bought 10g, just put them in, and did the same with 8g and then 4g three months apart. then after like 6 months went in and got tapered to a 0g. i took them out about 2 years ago and they're slowly closing up. no offense to anyone, but i didn't want to eventually be that old dude with huge plugs.

I'm going to have to throw my hat into the patience/gradual stretching ring. I'm at 7/16 right now, but I did it within a couple of years. I started at 14 and went to 10 > 6 > 4 > 0. You can skip a few sizes, as the increase is pretty minimal. I kept 0 for a few months, then dropped to 00. I thought I was done there, but my ears kind of stretched themselves, so I easily dropped a 7/16 in.

I recommend going this route for good reason. My youngest brother stretched too fast, to the point of bleeding sometimes, and he eventually got tired of them. He took them out, and now his ears look like shit.

If you go the quick route, be prepared for the possibility that your ears will turn to shit. Just my experience.

i highly recommend the poor persons stretching kit from bodyartforms http://bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1639 i would also recommend using this place to buy any jewelry you need

it's always recommended to buy higher quality jewelry. And whatever you do.. don't get anything from HOT TOPIC.. the stories i can tell you from people coming in because they replaced their jewelry with a lower standard (but prettier) belly button ring or barbell for their tongue and wound up having reactions to the metal.. once we had to scalpel a woman's barbell from her tongue, because it swelled an started to adhere to the threads of the ring that were manufactured to long (it externally threaded) due to swelling..

i highly recommend the poor persons stretching kit from bodyartforms http://bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1639 i would also recommend using this place to buy any jewelry you need

it's always recommended to buy higher quality jewelry. And whatever you do.. don't get anything from HOT TOPIC.. the stories i can tell you from people coming in because they replaced their jewelry with a lower standard (but prettier) belly button ring or barbell for their tongue and wound up having reactions to the metal.. once we had to scalpel a woman's barbell from her tongue, because it swelled an started to adhere to the threads of the ring that were manufactured to long (it externally threaded) due to swelling..

Backed. On top of the shoddy merchandise, it's just damn expensive.

this is the best place ive found so unless youve tried it yourself then dont diss it

this is the best place ive found so unless youve tried it yourself then dont diss it

I have had plenty of plugs purchased from Hot Topic before, and I won't again. I wouldn't blindly insult the place. Of course, I can't speak for every piece of jewelry they sell. I had my lip pierced and, on more than one occasion, purchased studs and hoops with inconsistent sizes, and have had weird reactions to the material.

I'm just offering my personal experience here. If your opinion varies from mine, feel free to do the same. I have had much better experience shopping online from places like bodyartforms.

I'm going to have to throw my hat into the patience/gradual stretching ring. I'm at 7/16 right now, but I did it within a couple of years. I started at 14 and went to 10 > 6 > 4 > 0. You can skip a few sizes, as the increase is pretty minimal. I kept 0 for a few months, then dropped to 00. I thought I was done there, but my ears kind of stretched themselves, so I easily dropped a 7/16 in.

I recommend going this route for good reason. My youngest brother stretched too fast, to the point of bleeding sometimes, and he eventually got tired of them. He took them out, and now his ears look like shit.

If you go the quick route, be prepared for the possibility that your ears will turn to shit. Just my experience.

what the hell did he stretch from? stretching too much is the worst you can do...

but aside from that also so jajoba oil is also good when stretching your ears as it promotes new skin growth and keeps the skin healthy. BEAR use to use this religiously and he got up to 5 1/2"s (at one point) plugs with healthy earlobes. I'm not sure if any of you know who BEAR is but at one point he had the largest lobes in the world.

[image]

this is him (on left) and my buddy pineapple. Bear is probably one of the nicest people i have ever met.

I have had plenty of plugs purchased from Hot Topic before, and I won't again. I wouldn't blindly insult the place. Of course, I can't speak for every piece of jewelry they sell. I had my lip pierced and, on more than one occasion, purchased studs and hoops with inconsistent sizes, and have had weird reactions to the material.

I'm just offering my personal experience here. If your opinion varies from mine, feel free to do the same. I have had much better experience shopping online from places like bodyartforms.

thats the place that i recommended......

what the hell did he stretch from? stretching too much is the worst you can do...

but aside from that also so jajoba oil is also good when stretching your ears as it promotes new skin growth and keeps the skin healthy. BEAR use to use this religiously and he got up to 5 1/2"s plugs with healthy earlobes. I'm not sure if any of you know who BEAR is but at one point he had the largest lobes in the world.

[image]

this is him (on left) and my buddy pineapple. Bear is probably one of the nicest people i have ever met.

Wow, man. Those are fucking ... impressive.

As for my brother and his wacky stretching, I know he started at a 14. I think he started stretching within that week while they were still fresh, and kept going up a few sizes a week. His ears were always swollen and dark red. He eventually got up to a 1/2", and put these funky gold tunnels in. He lost one somehow, and decided to just leave it out and took the other one out as well.

This happened probably two years ago, and to this day, his earlobes look like jagged 1/4" long slits.

thats the place that i recommended......

i don't think anyone really has anything to say about bodyartforms.. they do carry crappy jewelery, but they also carry really good stuff...

http://shop.bmezine.com/ has probably some of the best jewelry in the business. but they are also the most expensive. either one of these two places is recommended, just don't buy crap jewelry and you'll be ok... with jewelry you get what you pay for..

but aside from that also so jajoba oil is also good when stretching your ears as it promotes new skin growth and keeps the skin healthy. BEAR use to use this religiously and he got up to 5 1/2"s plugs with healthy earlobes. I'm not sure if any of you know who BEAR is but at one point he had the largest lobes in the world.

[image]

Wow, man. Those are fucking ... impressive.

As for my brother and his wacky stretching, I know he started at a 14. I think he started stretching within that week while they were still fresh, and kept going up a few sizes a week. His ears were always swollen and dark red. He eventually got up to a 1/2", and put these funky gold tunnels in. He lost one somehow, and decided to just leave it out and took the other one out as well.

This happened probably two years ago, and to this day, his earlobes look like jagged 1/4" long slits.

yea, that's the worst thing you can do.. but once you get to 1/2" you're gonna have thos slits.. my buddy had his at 1" and 7/8".. and one day he just got tired and went to the shop and we scalpeled and stitched his ears.. they healed quite nice.. that's always the best option. i unfortunately will have the slits too. my ears have been at a even 1/2" to 3/4" for the past 18 years so i'm kinda fucked in that regard, but luckily no blowouts... so i have that going for me..haha

Damn, man. I didn't even know the scalpel/stitch was an option. Good to know, though. I had a friend that worked at a tattoo shop here that had someone come in with a blown out earlobe at just 1", and that sufficiently scared me away from trying to go too big.

I think I'll stay at 7/16" for now, been here consistently for a little over a year. I say that every time, though, and damnit if my ears don't just stretch themselves. It makes it too damn easy.