ghetto action on 32nd st, Chicago IL

hahah, I want to do some filming in Gary. I have an idea for a project about deserted cities in the US. Gary is up there on my list.

Come to New Orleans, there are abandoned houses and buildings on every block. The ghettos here are surreal and completely different than anything up north.

I've been to New Orleans a ton of times for school, and yeah, its unreal. I've only ever been there post-Katrina, was it any different before?

I've heard that Gary has some amazing abandoned buildings and what have you. I'm getting ready to begin pre-production and research on an urban splunking documentary. I think I'm going to centralize it in Detroit, but I'd love to see some of the places in Gary.

PLEASE tell me the focus of your documentary will be the hobo-sicle.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2009/01/at-least-the-hockey-game-kept-going

WHOA, HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD ABOUT THIS?!

It just may be ...

I've heard that Gary has some amazing abandoned buildings and what have you. I'm getting ready to begin pre-production and research on an urban splunking documentary. I think I'm going to centralize it in Detroit, but I'd love to see some of the places in Gary.

If you ever need someone to show you around/help out/whatever let me know. I know that area like the back of my hand.

thanks a lot man! it will probably be a while before I would go, but I will definitely keep you in mind for your services ... :]

hahah, I want to do some filming in Gary. I have an idea for a project about deserted cities in the US. Gary is up there on my list.

Come to New Orleans, there are abandoned houses and buildings on every block. The ghettos here are surreal and completely different than anything up north.

I'd really like to come down there. I feel selfish, because I've told myself "I don't know if you can handle that." I mean, going there for the purpose of filming this place that has suffered such a terrible loss, &to visually show the loss. Oh man, I don't know. I just finished a short documentary on Detroit's economy and that was hard enough to do, but this is something even bigger.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say. I just know that the thought of that kind of loss and decay makes me feel empty inside.

I'd really like to come down there. I feel selfish, because I've told myself "I don't know if you can handle that." I mean, going there for the purpose of filming this place that has suffered such a terrible loss, &to visually show the loss. Oh man, I don't know. I just finished a short documentary on Detroit's economy and that was hard enough to do, but this is something even bigger.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say. I just know that the thought of that kind of loss and decay makes me feel empty inside.

Its weird, I got a tour of the 9th ward and I didn't take any pictures other than of the levees themselves, its strangely moving, like going to the WTC site.

It sickens me to no end that there are private companies giving 'hurricane tours' of affected areas. if theres a more blatant example of profiting from death and destruction i'd like to see it.

I should probably specify that the tour I went on was NOT one of those private tours.