Update: Pressing Delays for Vinyl Collective relea

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

I apologize for not being more communicative about all the delays as they pertain to our upcoming releases. I know how frustrating it is to be waiting on a pre-order and not know what is going on. As most of you know, the ship date for a number of our pre-orders have come and gone. Truth is, we are in a situation where we owe our pressing plant a very large sum of money and while we are paying it down, we have had to put a number of our titles on hold. The good news is that after paying down our balance for the past few months, a number of our on hold projects are in production. As you have surely seen from comments on our message board and site, the economy is having its effect everywhere and we have noticed a change in people's spending habits at Vinyl Collective. This has affected the amount of revenue we have received each month and because of this, it has had an effect on how quickly some of our projects have turned around.

Here is the latest on upcoming releases:

Both the Austin Lucas/Frank Turner Under the Influence split 7" and the 50 Foot Wave LP will be in our hands late next week

Yesterday's Ring 7" and double LP, Mike Hale LP, Lemuria/Off With Their Heads and Two Cow Garage/Under the Influence Under the Influence split 7" will all be in stock within the next 3 to 5 weeks.

Mock Orange, Cobra Skulls, and Sidekicks are a bit further out. I will have updates on these soon.

Please accept my apology and delays, but know that we are on top of it and will have these wonderful records in your hands soon. And we are working on a number of upcoming releases that we are really excited about and will do our best to have those out in a timely manner.

Guest Admin
In other words: The more records you buy from VC, the more new records VC can make! Thus, buy some freakin' records already. :)

thanks buddy. I am just gonna be a little more cautious about what I press and how many. I have a new pressing plant that we are gonna move a few projects to that will cost less and I recently acquired a few really great distributors that will hopefully help us sell more records.

Guest Admin
Dont wanna sound like a dick, but do the outstanding balances with the pressing plant have anything to do with the coop being in a standstill?

no, we have been waiting on all the nominated lists from all of the board members

Guest Admin
thanks for the update Virgil. Any news on when the common cold represses are coming in from magic bullet and hometown caravan?

brent was just waiting for the records to come back which should be very soon. we have the hometown caravan version in stock now.

Guest Admin
It has nothing to do about this thread but do you expect Russian Circles - Enter LP to come in soon Virgil?

we got more in and they sold out again. I should have more soon.

Updates are always good!

I am just gonna be a little more cautious about what I press and how many.

This is definitely crucial because I don't know how much of this is really 'the economy.' With color vinyl, what worked last year will definitely not work this/next year. Don't forget that it wasn't so long ago that it took more than a few months for a press to sell out.

Guest Admin
Hopefully you've gotten enough orders for the Mock Orange LP. Biting off more than you can chew can always be a hassle. I'll stay patient for ya!! Hope all is well Virgil!

I thought we would sell more, but we haven't. The record is so amazing. It will be pressed though, but it might take a bit longer

Hopefully you've gotten enough orders for the Mock Orange LP. Biting off more than you can chew can always be a hassle. I'll stay patient for ya!! Hope all is well Virgil!

I thought we would sell more, but we haven't. The record is so amazing. It will be pressed though, but it might take a bit longer

from what I gather, it's probably because they're not a touring machine anymore, they stopped playing emo jams, and are far removed from the punk scene... it's moreso the loyal fans who followed them and actually watched them grow as a band who are more respectful of how fucking good the new album is.

the band is amazing... I feel like many people are missing out. This album is a gift for the open minded.

Guest Admin
oh ok, because I combined 2 orders a few weeks ago and I guess the order didn't ship because of the pending Russian Circles lp. Is it possible to ship the order that didn't have the Russian Circles lp?

email justin or andy

Guest Admin

email justin or andy

what is their email addresses?

at suburban home records dot com; we had back orders and I was pretty sure they were shipped but those hosers will tell you what's up