Visitors to VC: Jon Snodgrass and Cory Branan

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Jon Snodgrass and Cory Branan (5-7-09) - Jon Snodgrass (of Drag the River) and Cory Branan stopped by the office before their incredible show at 3 Kings Tavern. I tried to get Cory to stop by the office the last time he was in town, but I ended up scoring last minute tickets to see Obama during the DNC. This time around, I got to sit down and hang out with 2 of my favorite songwriters. Jon should need no introduction as we have been releasing his records as Drag the River and Armchair Martian. If you are not hip to his first solo album, "Visitor's Band", you have been doing your ears a disservice. Cory Branan is my favorite singer/songwriter not on Suburban Home; he writes amazing songs, his live show will blow you away, and it is only a matter of time before he is a household name. He is close to finishing up his long overdue, new studio album and friends, I will be counting down the days to hear it. I feel very lucky to be able to release a split LP between Jon and Cory (more details soon, but expect it to drop in late June). Jon and Cory are forever linked and you can expect a number of shows together (in July with Joey Cape) and more down the road. If you ever get the chance to see Jon or Cory, drop everything and make that your number 1 priority. Note that Jon wanted to be the first Visitor to VC to be holding his own record (also note that he has an Austin Lucas record right behind it).

I took a bunch of videos from the show which will be posted soon to our Youtube Channel.

Just got back last night from Memphis, Tennessee and all we listened to as soon as we went through Tupelo was Cory's "12 Songs"...b/c it starts w/ "Sittin' At A Red Light In Tupelo"...went to a record store Shangri-La which is right down from Ardent Studios in Memphis...which Cory just recorded a live-set at...it was fuckin' rad... Shangri-La is also a bar in Austin where the Memphis Music Day Party was this past year...where Cory performed...

I can't fucking wait for this new album and the split/co-record w/ Jon

Virgil, you should totally put Cory's last two records out on Vinyl