latterman apreesh

Guest genericinsight
What's Brian up to these days? Bottle Rocket was awesome.

Brian is in Iron Chic with the singer of Small Arms Dealer and also Phil Douglas who was in Latterman as well.

http://www.myspace.com/ironchicsmyspace

Brian was also in the very pre-Latterman days, in a ska-punk band called the High School Football Heroes. :D

Guest genericinsight

what happened?

Scott contacted Matt about covering Shorebirds in Alt Press, because Scott (love him or hate him) has a passion for punk and hardcore and tries to get bands that represent those passions in the mag alongside the pop bands they cover. Matt told him that they represented everything that was wrong with music and weren't punk and was really rude about it. The idea that "those kids suck, i dont want them knowing about my band" is so retarded I have a hard time understanding it.

Matt wasn't the only person to do this. One of the guys from the band The Kidcrash (who equally made a big stink about their record getting a 4 and a half star review on the 'Org) got really pissed when a news-piece was posted about them at Alt Press's website last year and posted something on their message board about it.

What's Brian up to these days? Bottle Rocket was awesome.

Brian is in Iron Chic with the singer of Small Arms Dealer and also Phil Douglas who was in Latterman as well.

Brian was also in the very pre-Latterman days, in a ska-punk band called the High School Football Heroes. :D

he was in that?! hahah, i have their ep laying around somewhere, i was so into them back when i was a punker.

Guest genericinsight

he was in that?! hahah, i have their ep laying around somewhere, i was so into them back when i was a punker.

Yeah he was for a good while. When I met the dude years ago, he was still playing in that band. When he joined Latterman later on, I was kind of surprised, but in a good way.

Yeah he was for a good while. When I met the dude years ago, he was still playing in that band. When he joined Latterman later on, I was kind of surprised, but in a good way.

hahah yeah i would be too.

what happened?

Scott contacted Matt about covering Shorebirds in Alt Press, because Scott (love him or hate him) has a passion for punk and hardcore and tries to get bands that represent those passions in the mag alongside the pop bands they cover. Matt told him that they represented everything that was wrong with music and weren't punk and was really rude about it. The idea that "those kids suck, i dont want them knowing about my band" is so retarded I have a hard time understanding it.

This is the shortened version, yes. Dude was a total and supreme douche. Fuck him and his idea of "punk," because it's so far off the mark that I actually feel bad for him.

Matt wasn't the only person to do this. One of the guys from the band The Kidcrash (who equally made a big stink about their record getting a 4 and a half star review on the 'Org) got really pissed when a news-piece was posted about them at Alt Press's website last year and posted something on their message board about it.

That guy's name was Buster, and he calmed down considerably once we took to e-mail and off public forums -- I still don't really understand his beef with us, but I hope I at least helped him realize we're not some evil corporate behemoth that, inexplicably, some people think we are.

i could understand if he didnt want to be featured in a mag like ap if he didnt agree with it on whatever basis... but being a dick is never cool.

great band great guys. Phil has recorded a majority of the capital stuff, and a good deal of what has come out of LI in recent years. He really knows his shit and is so cool to work with.

My only complaint about the chic is they have no new shit out yet...one of the best bands to ever play in my (old) kitchen!

I used to have the demo, but it got lost in a move...

Guest genericinsight
great band great guys. Phil has recorded a majority of the capital stuff, and a good deal of what has come out of LI in recent years. He really knows his shit and is so cool to work with.

My only complaint about the chic is they have no new shit out yet...one of the best bands to ever play in my (old) kitchen!

I used to have the demo, but it got lost in a move...

I lost mine too and I didn't move anywhere. So don't worry von.