no use/only crime tour

saw this the other night.

pretty good. only crime bummed me out since it was just russ and his backing band basically. didnt recognize any of them and no bill stevenson = lame but i got over it. they sounded great but russ did not look like he wanted to be there.

no use was perfect, played a perfect set consisting of mainly leche thru betterness material, closed with feeding the fire fuck yes.

turnout was pretty bad though maybe like 75 people there tops, felt pretty bad about that.

all in all, good show and i had a good time.

When I saw this show in Edmonton, it was the usual lineup. Dave Nassie and Tony on guitar.

Only Crime's lineup has changed quite a bit over the past couple years. Bill is still in the band, but was too busy with The Blasting Room to make this tour. So Luke filled in. Aaron has always been one of the guitar players, and Matt's been in the band for a couple years now since Zach Blair left to join Rise Against. Donivan left shortly thereafter, and now Dan is playing bass.

Same thing though. Maybe 75 people.

And the set times got moved ahead right before the show started (shitty venue), so most people missed Pour Habit and Only Crime. Doors were at 5:30 and Pour Habit went on at 5:35. I got there at 6:30 thinking there's no way I would miss anything, and I had already missed 10 minutes of Only Crime's set, who I had come to see.

No Use was great, though. I really enjoyed Fairytale of New York featuring Russ Rankin on vocals.