Road Trips Suggestions (BOSTON)

Just drive. Stay off the interstate if you can, the coolest shit/best food is on the highways. Watch that show where Alton Brown from Food Network travels around on his motorcycle to see what I mean.

If you go to Minnesota, you can see the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota, which is kinda neat and the tour guy there is pretty nice and talkative. And if you're up there, you can check out the life sized Jolly Green Giant in Blue Earth, MN.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do a Northeastern tour I highly recommend a stop in Philly.

We have awesome awesome awesome food and there's plenty of stuff to do. The art museum, Mutter museum, trash garden, liberty bell/Independence hall (if you're into that sorta thing), cool places to shop.

And if you come on the weekend I am an excellent tour guide.

Any specific places to go in Boston?

museum of fine arts (MFA), museum of science, freedom trail (red paint trail through city with historic stops all throughout), cambridge, fenway park (said your'e not sports fans, but just saying...it is america's most beloved ball park), aquarium.

Awesome, thanks a lot man!

Just drive. Stay off the interstate if you can, the coolest shit/best food is on the highways. Watch that show where Alton Brown from Food Network travels around on his motorcycle to see what I mean.

If you go to Minnesota, you can see the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota, which is kinda neat and the tour guy there is pretty nice and talkative. And if you're up there, you can check out the life sized Jolly Green Giant in Blue Earth, MN.

I love that show. Thanks for the advice.

If you do a Northeastern tour I highly recommend a stop in Philly.

We have awesome awesome awesome food and there's plenty of stuff to do. The art museum, Mutter museum, trash garden, liberty bell/Independence hall (if you're into that sorta thing), cool places to shop.

And if you come on the weekend I am an excellent tour guide.

I'll keep you in mind :)

i jumped in a car with 4 other friends one summer and for a week we just drove around maine, NH, RI, and vermont. It was really fun. Maine is incredible. I've been wanting to get back there so bad.

I think we're gonna go near there, definitely to RI and MA, any places that you remember from when you went?

i really dont remember where we were when we did things. in maine we were driving along the ocean and we went to the beach, swam and they buried me in the sand. we all kind of fell asleep as we were tired and hot from being in the car. i woke up and saw the beach had totally emptied out and the sky was black. i yelled at everyone and they dug me out and within 5 minutes the winds on that beach were brutal. i felt like my skin was being sandblasted off. it was painful yet hilarious.

afterwards we stopped at some mom and pop place and had some lobsters.

we passed a petting zoo on a highway i think in new hampshire and went there where i saw 2 of the biggest pigs ive ever seen in my life next to two regular sized pigs. my friend and i are talking when all of a sudden they all start shitting at the same time. again, hilarious. my friend jason also got spat on by a llama.

stayed at a creepy motel one night. it was run by an asian guy. we got a room but said it was just the two of us to avoid having to pay more for the other 3. snuck them in then the guy walked in as me and a friend were loading in a ton of bags. everyone was hiding in the bathtub and we shooed him out of there and called it a night. we pushed the bed together and all 5 of us slept like that. it was a really dirty motel. the girl i was laying next too gave my friend a hander as i was falling asleep. totally uncool. also we heard the owner walking behind the building and im pretty sure he looked in the window over our bed.

vermont is beautiful and would like to go back there again too.

not much use to you im sure but we basically packed a map and our bags and just made it up as we went. it was really great. point the car northeast and drive.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/03/topless.shop.fire/index.html

And if you're looking for places to check out in Maine, try York. My family has a house there and I used to go up all the time. It's a great little beach town on the border of New Hampshire.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/03/topless.shop.fire/index.html

And if you're looking for places to check out in Maine, try York. My family has a house there and I used to go up all the time. It's a great little beach town on the border of New Hampshire.

Fuck, she was into it too. She asked if she could go topless too. Bummer. I'd love to go to Maine, I hope that we can fit it in. Thanks for the info!

Are you into going to National Parks? Camping, hiking, taking in beautiful, breath-taking natural scenery?

Yes! Any suggestions?

Glacier National Park in Montana. It's the most beautiful place I've ever been. I like it more than the Grand Canyon. If you do that, maybe plan on a couple days there. It's simply breathtaking and it's a big ass park,