Smoking Popes in Chicago June 5th (today)

Is anyone going? It's at the Double Door. My boyfriend was supposed to come from Detroit to Chicago this weekend and I mentioned the show and we were going to go, but now I guess his band has to record shit, so I'm going solo.

I'll drink some beers with you. Or hard liquor behind a dumpster. Whichever is cheapest.

when is stay down getting the vinyl treatment?

dude, I don't know. I don't even have that album as a CD. or mp3. I drove to Baltimore to see them once when Channels opened up for them in like 2005 or 2006, and they played a few songs off of Slow Down and I really liked them, so I don't know what the hell I've been waiting around for.

Reggie's. It's going to be awesome.

i live like maybe 2 miles from there. last time I went to Reggies I got SO drunk I bought a pack of smokes for like $12. $12!!!!!!!!! And when I came home I stole some of my roommates pot. lol Have fun there tonight! If I weren't such a huge Smoking Popes fan I might've thought about that one.

yeah, I know getting to the double door sucks right now since the blue line is down for ruining lives. &i'm coming all the way from bridgeport! But I think I may take the Halsted bus to the Milwaukee bus so I don't have to deal with the blue line.

Reggies is much closer, but I love the Popes so much and it's been like two years since I last saw them. Maybe not that long, but it feels that long. I haven't gotten into Chuck Ragan. Maybe I should go to his myspace. haha

I'll be at the popes. I'm sporting a st. Vincenct shirt. Say hi if you see me!

for sure! I'll probably be late because it turns out my man IS coming out tonight, but he might not get in until almost 9. Then it'll take us a hot minute to make it there. If I see you, I'll def say hey. If I was already dressed, i'd tell you what I'd be wearing too. Chances are I'll be in red moccasins though with a PBR or high life in my hand.