Record Shopping in Minneapolis

treehouse records is right up the street on lyndale, and like 28th.

also roadrunner records is down the street the other way on the 45th or something, on lyndale.

you can also hit up the cheapo store. There are a couple of them in the area, but the closest one would be by all the other record stores, if you keep going west down lake past extreme noise a mile. its right on lake.

Guest scriptedrain

I've only been to Treehouse (and only once) but I loved it. Of course, I've only been to 2 actual record stores in my life, so almost anything would amaze me.

also roadrunner records is down the street the other way on the 45th or something, on lyndale.

you can also hit up the cheapo store. There are a couple of them in the area, but the closest one would be by all the other record stores, if you keep going west down lake past extreme noise a mile. its right on lake.

Get your streets right! lol

1. Treehouse Records - owned by a fucking asshole but found great stuff. It's on Lyndale & 26th street

2. Roadrunner is actually on Nicollet and 43rd street

Cheapo, you can hit the one in St Paul on Snelling Avenue or the one uptown Mpls on Lake & Dupont

Electric fetus is on 4th on the corner of Franklin Avenue

Get your streets right! lol

1. Treehouse Records - owned by a fucking asshole but found great stuff. It's on Lyndale & 26th street

2. Roadrunner is actually on Nicollet and 43rd street

Cheapo, you can hit the one in St Paul on Snelling Avenue or the one uptown Mpls on Lake & Dupont

Electric fetus is on 4th on the corner of Franklin Avenue

The Cheapo in Uptown is far superior to the one on Snelling as far as vinyl goes. Easily 4-5X the selection of new and used vinyl, and tons of 45s. And tapes! walls and walls of tapes! Plus, it's in the basement, so it just feels cooler.

where is that melvinscam?

Is it only hip hop or "dj stuff"? Would I find some trance there?

2411 Hennepin Ave S.

they got a lot of stuff from the guys at rhymesayers. actually, i think it was slug who started up the store. i only went there to get atmosphere stuff, plus they've been expanding the store, so to answer your question, i don't know.

alright i'll go take a look thanks

alexh, since they moved Cheapo Records in St Paul to the same local as cheapo discs, it's way better than it was. Also, you're 10 times more likely to find great used punk records in St Paul than in the Uptown store

I heard there's a record store downtown st paul somewhere, is it true?

where is that melvinscam?

Is it only hip hop or "dj stuff"? Would I find some trance there?

2411 Hennepin Ave S.

they got a lot of stuff from the guys at rhymesayers. actually, i think it was slug who started up the store. i only went there to get atmosphere stuff, plus they've been expanding the store, so to answer your question, i don't know.

I was there this summer, and it is all hip-hop and DJ. Considering my man crush on POS...I was in heaven. They've got all the Rhymesayers artists on vinyl, if you're into that.

the store in st. paul isnt worth going over there for. i made that mistake once.

yeah i got my streets wrong. ha. i never pay attention to the actual streets. i know where im going so i never look at street signs. though i really thought roadrunner was on lyndale.

electric fetus is crap. well it used to be at least. I stopped going at least 3 or 4 years ago cause it was a waste of time. maybe its different now?

How recently have you been to the Snelling one, faith? I've been to both in the last 2 months, and the vinyl section of the Uptown store is almost as big as the entire Snelling location. I think the Snelling store recently consolidated Cheapo Disc and Cheapo Records into one store - they were side-by-side, and now it's all in one store.

How recently have you been to the Snelling one, faith? I've been to both in the last 2 months, and the vinyl section of the Uptown store is almost as big as the entire Snelling location. I think the Snelling store recently consolidated Cheapo Disc and Cheapo Records into one store - they were side-by-side, and now it's all in one store.

been there last week. granted its a smaller selection than Uptown, but theres a lot more great stuff. Same in the used CD section

Basically you got less ground to cover to find something.

Also, Electric Fetus isn't "great" but you might find some gems there.. just last friday I found a Bad Religion - Broken 7" for $1.99

They have a vinyl section in down in the valley? since when?