Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingbuzzo

I thought it was pretty ok. For the most part, they decided to focus on boners which was kind of funny but I really don't care about Ron getting "snogged." For some reason Dumbledore's death felt kind of flat. When I read it I was genuinely sad but the movie left me feeling nothing, maybe because I knew it was going to happen but I'm not sure. Beyond that my only complaint is that they left out that cool mini-battle at the end after Snape kills Dumbledore.

J4M - I am also stoked someone else is getting it.

where are you planning to get yours? I have a few places in mind

also - I was thinking last night on how I would have improved on the movie and I had an epiphany.

I would cut out the attack on the wealey burrow and use that scene to start the next movie. it's obvious at this point there won't be a wedding so maybe they do the "7 potter" trick, get albus' will, and then say that the minister has been overtaken and the attack happens...then the trio decide to leave.

then I would add the Helga Hufflepuff Cup memory. that way dumbledore can remind harry after the horocrux memory how much voldemort values treasures and hogwarts historical objects. that way harry has an idea what to look for.

i never read any of the books, nor do i have any intentions of reading them.

that being said, ive enjoyed all the movies so far, so i dont expect this one to be any different!

dude, if you like the movies, why don't you have intentions of reading the books? The books are FAR superior, in fact, I feel like if you haven't read them, you're missing out on a lot of details in the films, because you don't know what's going on.

anyways, I suggest you read them. they're incredible.

I saw a midnight showing of this the night it came out (duhhh) as I do with every HP movie.

Of course, the books and films aren't even comparable. They've become two completely different entities. Although, I thought the battle scene in the end of this one blew, as well as the inferi! Also, maybe if you didn't have to spend some much time and money on CGI bridge collapses, there would've been more time/money for other, more important things.

My least favorite movie and book has always been The Chamber of Secrets. And my favorite books the last two, hands down. <3 i love harry potter so much. it's the only thing I have been in love with for this long. And I grew up with these books, how could I not love it?