hmm... should I contact No Idea about this?

Guest genericinsight

well i guess i just found out the answer to my problem with an email from Matt. out of stock on a few of the 7"s BOOOOO!!!!

now to find replacements. i guess i dont need an other shorebirds 7" since there are 40+ covers.

anyone get any spectacular 7"s that i should get from no idea. im open to pretty much anything.

Guest genericinsight

Yeah, one of the records I ordered I just found at another distro that they have in stock, so I can get it there. the other one though I'll have to do some digging for. its a split for 2 British bands though so I hope I can find an American distro that has it, I'd rather not pay overseas shipping.

Guest genericinsight
you wanna try living in the UK and ordering from No Idea. by the time your records arrive they are already on the 3rd press...

hmmm, good point.

Yeah, ordering from No Idea has been pretty slim pickings recently -- I feel like I've pretty much expended their entire catalog, both label and distro. Every time I try to place an order, inevitably I'll get an email from Matt a day or so later saying they were out of 75-95% of what I selected. (Then why the fuck is it still listed in the catalog week after week?? Argh!)

one time i was driving somewhere with my buddy and no idea records actually CALLED his cell phone to clarify an order

This happened to with Neurot; some really nice guy from South Dakota that worked for the label called to tell me they oversold the first press edition of the Red Sparowes LP. He asked if I wanted a European press... when he called, he was doing his laundry and talking to me about the weather. Although it took me over six months to receive that European press, I had one great conversation!

one time i was driving somewhere with my buddy and no idea records actually CALLED his cell phone to clarify an order

This happened to with Neurot; some really nice guy from South Dakota that worked for the label called to tell me they oversold the first press edition of the Red Sparowes LP. He asked if I wanted a European press... when he called, he was doing his laundry and talking to me about the weather. Although it took me over six months to receive that European press, I had one great conversation!

by far the worst mailorder ive ever experienced.

fuck you neurot

I too got a call from them the other month about what was out and if I wanted to replace it with anything. Wound up getting a Chuck - Feast 2nd Press on Blue that was Numbered 2/5. I figure I've been ordering from them for so long and I swear recently its been once a week they kind of know me by now.

Love to deal with them though and it brings such joy when a package arrives. Not to mention, even getting into Hot Water in the first place has opened me up to so SO much musically. Ridiculous what Gainesville has spawned over the years.

well i guess i just found out the answer to my problem with an email from Matt. out of stock on a few of the 7"s BOOOOO!!!!

now to find replacements. i guess i dont need an other shorebirds 7" since there are 40+ covers.

anyone get any spectacular 7"s that i should get from no idea. im open to pretty much anything.

If No Idea still has either of the Catburglars 7"s, grab those, they're excellent.