PO: UNCLE TUPELO "Anodyne" LP 180 gram vinyl

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

PO: UNCLE TUPELO "Anodyne" LP 180 gram vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/081227986049

I have to share a quick story with you. Mike from Jr. Juggernaut has been telling me for years that he would kill to have this record on vinyl and how we should put it out. Wal from Jr Juggernaut actually got me in touch with someone at a major label that might be able to help and I reached out, bu they never got back to me. Luckily someone at the majors realized the criminal nature of this not being out on wax. Friends, this is a masterpiece in alternative Country, this is the band that so many have used as a focal point for starting similarly minded bands. This is the band that split up to become Son Volt and Wilco. This is going to be amazing. I urge any fan of Wilco, Son Volt, Drag the River, Lucero, or Alt Country in general to pick this album up. And pick up a Jr. Juggernaut album while you are at it. We wil have the vinyl in early October.

I'll believe this when I see the Wilco reissues ship.

the wilco thing makes me pissed to no end. I understand a small indie having problems making street dates but the majors are totally blowing it.

From what I understand the delays started cos RTI got backed up (probably because of all the jazz reissues they're doing) so the project got sent to Pallas in Germany. What I don't understand is: Wilco (The Album) was pressed at Pallas as well, and that had no delay, so why the reissues?

I didn't know that, those are good questions for sure.

Uncle Tupelo represses.....I am there.

This is actually NOT a repress.

This is the only UT album that has NEVER been made available on vinyl.

That's why I'm so stoked.

Now if SON VOLT would only press OKEMAH...Don't you hate it when a band has all their albums on vinyl except for ONE random one in the middle of their catalogue?

Uncle Tupelo represses.....I am there.

This is actually NOT a repress.

This is the only UT album that has NEVER been made available on vinyl.

That's why I'm so stoked.

Now if SON VOLT would only press OKEMAH...Don't you hate it when a band has all their albums on vinyl except for ONE random one in the middle of their catalogue?

I've always been bothered by the "Still Feel"/"March" double LP for some reason. This is awesome to see though. And I fully support the notion of "Okemah" geting pressed too, despite popular opinion I think it's maybe their 2nd best album.

And I fully support the notion of "Okemah" geting pressed too, despite popular opinion I think it's maybe their 2nd best album.

I don't think it's their 2nd best...But I do think it's the most listenable of the 3 Son Volt records he's done with the new lineup.

I can't really get into the new one at all. And the last one had some great moments, but a lot of filler as well.