let's talk about headphones

so i've got this stupid pair of digital dynex headphones that i got from best buy for 20 bucks or something ages ago. they work without issue. you know the typical looking big over your ears headphones.

well yesterday i forgot them at home so i used my friend/coworkers

[image]

99 bucks on amazon and $120-$150 @ a local store.

i remember laughing at him when he purchased them thinking how the fuck could he spend so much money on headphones...

i wouldn't be surprised if i didn't own a pair of these by the weekend...just amazing

anyone have any advice on the subject?

I have 125's. They are absolutely phenomenal. For a while (when I had less than desirable speakers) I would only listen to my LPs through the Grados. If I could afford it - or if $ was no object - I'd buy a pair of the GS1000i's. Music is unbelievable coming through them.

Along with a great pair of 'phones, check out a decent headphone pre-amp. The difference between a pre-amp and the built-in jack on an amp is astounding.

I remember folks making fun of me wearing them cos they don't look "modern". Jerks.

Guest kevinb

I have been looking for a good pair & after listening to them I don't get how anyone can justify the $300 price tag on those dr dre headphones

I got a set of bose that are insanely great.

ugh.

I got mine for 30 bucks brand new, they've got good sound and good bass. I tested a bunch of different brands when I was putting down the money, and for what I need and for the price shit is awesome.I don't need to blow a stupid amount of money for headphones that sound as good as those that cost twice or three times as much.