Visitors to VC: Papermoons, Jared Grabb (of Scouts

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Jared Grabb (of Scouts Honor), Matt Shaw (of Hinter), and Sean Dileonardi (of The Dowry) (8-18-09) - I have been talking to Jared about his label Thinker Thought Records for years and when I saw an email that he was going on tour and would be in Denver, I reached out and invited him to stop by. He is touring with Matt of TTR band, Hinter, and in Denver he was going to paly with Sean of the Dowry, another TTR band. We had a few beers, talked shop, and Jared and Matt bought a bunch of records. Thinker Thought are a really great label with releases by Empty Orchestra, Scouts Honor, The Dowry, Hinter, the Forecast, and more. If you see Jared out on tour, make sure you go see the show and buy him a beer. Jared and Matt call Peoria home so we did a lot of talking about Gared and Matt from Planes, the Forecast, and Scouts Honor who are all from Peoria. Oddly, there are a lot of Peoria transplants in Denver. Great to meet you guys, look forward to hanging out again.

[image]

Papermoons (8-14-09) - been a big fan of these guys ever since Aaron Danger put out a single for them. We were actually supposed to do an O Pioneers / Papermoons split 7" at one point, but for whatever reason, it didn't happen and that split ended up being with Mike Park. Their latest album is fantastic and hopefully one day will see the light of day on vinyl. I have known Danny from Papermoons because he used to be in the Negative Progression band, Little Compass and I once helped them set up a show. I got them on a show in Denver at the Hi-Dive this past Friday and as fate would have it, Portugal the Man were touring through. They got to play a sold out show in front of 300 Portugal fans and they played really really well. I was nice and drunk by their set as I had previously gone to the Great Divide release party for their Triple Belgium and their Rye Lager and they had a deal where you can drink all you can drink beer for $15. Needless to say that got me nice and drunk and kickstarted the party. We all boozed it together and had one hell of a time. Great to see you guys play Papermoons, everyone go see them on tour. Great folks and great band.

See other visitors to VC here http://www.vinylcollective.com/visitors-of-vc/ . Bands, if you are coming through town and want to visit, just make sure you give us a head's up. Come by, we will load you up on promos and if you are a vinyl collector, we will give you a discount on records.