How to press your own records?

??? I've tried the search bar to see if there has been any threads about this but didn't see anything SO I apologize if there has been millions of threads about this...

Anyways, i see alot of users on here that have their own record labels and press their own records. I would definitely be interested on this but i have no idea how! Could anyone out there (especially people that have done it) give me some info on this?

Thanks!

Guest adam526

I hope you're not thinking this is something they do on their own in their backyard or something.

They all use pressing plants, and go through the normal process. The "process" would best be described by someone who has gone through it before, not me.

I hope you're not thinking this is something they do on their own in their backyard or something.

They all use pressing plants, and go through the normal process. The "process" would best be described by someone who has gone through it before, not me.

I wouldnt mind having a pressing plant in my back yard.

Guest adam526

I wouldnt mind having a pressing plant in my back yard.

I'd go crazy.

Here is a list of places that are pressing vinyl:

http://www.totalsonicmastering.com/vinylplants.htm

Im doing this myself for the first time with my debut record.

As you can see from the video in one of the above posts, there is a lot of craft and experience that goes into it - so it's quite a different experience than with producing purely digital work.

The great thing about vinyl is that it is a total escape from the "volume wars" that totally plague digital medium...its refreshing to work this way.

k

Hah shit. Thanks for all the effort you guys put into your posts but i was actually talking more about how you would maybe obtain the rights for a record and be able to press that and distribute it. Maybe i should talk to the guy that does Vega Vinyl. Anybody else know anything about that?