Parenting

mcm1610

I'm 23 and have no kids of my own, but am slowly getting sucked into parenting my 15 year old sister as my mom travels to various cancer institutes for a rare form of bone psuedo-cancer. The cancer isn't the point, but...

Holy shit I don't want kids of my own anytime soon. You can't do ANYTHING when you're responsible for another life. For the last 5 or 6 years I've been all about eating whenever, generally a 2pm lunch and 8 or 9pm dinner because of my work schedule, but I've had to make sure my sister eats and gets to hockey or softball or school or whatever activity she has, and it suckkkkkkks. I can't go out and go nuts, because I have to check back and make sure my sister is not doing anything stupid, etc. This isn't even full time but a few days every couple of weeks or so. (It'll probably be a full time thing for about 9 months starting next summer, though.)

It really makes me bow to you real parents. What a sacrifice you have to give up in order to properly care for your little ones must be incredible.

I have two young boys (3 and 1) and it's defiantly a lot of work. It's really rad though but it takes a lot of planning to go to shows, dinner, etc. My wife and I don't get to do a lot together so we have to take turns going out with our friends. All in all I love being a parent and commend you for what your doing man.

I have two young boys (3 and 1) and it's defiantly a lot of work. It's really rad though but it takes a lot of planning to go to shows, dinner, etc. My wife and I don't get to do a lot together so we have to take turns going out with our friends. All in all I love being a parent and commend you for what your doing man.

this exact thing. i also have a 1 and 3 yr old.