ad blockers

Duff

can someone recommend me a good ad blocker for internet explorer? i have the pop up blocker turned on but tons of crap still gets through. banner ads and pop up ads are taking over every site i go to. i don't want to download or install something that will only worsen the problem with adware and spyware garbage. please save the switch firefox, chrome, or any other browser because i'm tired of it. i'm not switching.

I don't think there's a decent Adblocker for IE, at least none that I'm readily aware of. A Google search might return some results, try "Internet Explorer 8 Adblock"

I know you're resilient to switch, but I hope you're at least using IE8.

Another option would be to edit your hosts file. I've never done this personally, but I've read about it, again search Google, try "Host file adblock" or something along those lines.

If you really love IE you can download Firefox and install the "IE Tab" extension, it basically uses Internet Explorer to render webpages inside of Firefox. I use it at work quite frequently because a lot of pages/programs I use are IE only. I'm sure there are themes out there that make Firefox look just like IE, I use a theme that makes Firefox look like Chrome.

Yesterday I read an article that IE8 yielded the fastest web surfing experience out of the box, but a lot of the commentators on the article mentioned that you can't beat the speed of Firefox + Adblock Plus. The perk with ADP, is that you subscribe to a filter that is constantly updated.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want the fastest and safest web browsing experience.

Just my two cents, well more like a whole buck, haha.

What are your reasons for not switching?