up the weight loss punx

chaps

I am working with about 240 pounds of meat right now. I lost like 45 pounds a couple of years ago doing Atkins but then I gained it back over a year. I am starting to work out again. I am going to try to eat less and stop drinking pop. We will see how it goes.

Good for you, Chap.

The problem with atkins is that when you go back to eating carbs again, you gain all the weight you lost back. Sometimes you even gain more weight.

I am working with about 240 pounds of meat right now. I lost like 45 pounds a couple of years ago doing Atkins but then I gained it back over a year. I am starting to work out again. I am going to try to eat less and stop drinking pop. We will see how it goes.

Good for you, Chap.

The problem with atkins is that when you go back to eating carbs again, you gain all the weight you lost back. Sometimes you even gain more weight.

That's because the whole idea of going on a diet for a limited period of time is fucking retarded! The whole mentality of "I'm going to eat real good for X number of months while I work out so I can lose weight" is absurd and gets you nowhere but frustrated.

If you're overweight because you eat shitty food and you don't exercise, then to lose weight and keep it off you can't eat shitty food anymore. Period. The thought of changing for 2 months in the hopes you'll be able to go back to eating McDicks and pigging out on cheesies late at night is truly delusional. People are overweight because they don't take care of themselves.

Losing weight is a battle that is fought in the mind. If you can't control your urges needs or desires then your body certainly isn't going to change.

Sorry, I get really frustrated about this subject.

I need to get rid of my gut.

I lost a good bit of weight from moving to the city and beginning to walk everywhere (I had the reverse Freshman 15. I lost weight instead of gain it).

And I lost weight when I went veg as well.

But now I'm at a plateau. I really need to rejoin the gym. I don't eat too bad. I rarely eat fast food. I hardly ever drink soda anymore. My biggest vice is beer. So I think if I went to the gym that would be a big help.

i'm doing the best i can with losing weight. i'm 250 lbs right now and i've just been feeling so shitty and noticed i'm ridiculously out of shape.

so i've cut out fast food and started eating better. i'm exercising and whatnot (starting slow with brisk walking and will eventually get up to running full time) but it's just that i love alcohol too much. i'm so afraid that my love of beer is gonna fuck this all up hahaha. any suggestions?

Eat around 1500-2000 calories a day, stay around 250 grams of carbs, drink as much water as possible... and exercise 4-5 days a week.. Starting off slow is a pretty good start and dont over extend yourself.

And with that, I need to take a taste of my own medicine as my pants dont fit as well this week :x