Crazy limited Lawrence Arms 7" at Red Oktoberfest!

redscare

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'll use those pins to mug people thanks.

Ironic that you use the word...cuz we gave out mugs last year! Well, Red Scare beer steins. Pretty boss if ya ask me.

FYI, the band will be selling the regular version of the 7" at their merch table at that show and on the subsequent tour.

Toby you are an awkward man to talk to at shows though. Ronnys when Cornish Gay Men played, you wanted no part of my drunked conversation I was trying to have with you.

Ha, ummm, did I say something to offend you? Hope not! I was drunk too, ya know! Sheesh, ya put on a cool secret show in a garage with TLA and Cobra Skulls and THIS is what I get, ha!

My friend and I were drinking with Pat Ford, we offered you to come drink with us...you blew us off because I was wearing a bulls tshirt. You screamed Seattle Super Sonics for life and walked away.

Ha, ummm, did I say something to offend you? Hope not! I was drunk too, ya know! Sheesh, ya put on a cool secret show in a garage with TLA and Cobra Skulls and THIS is what I get, ha!

My friend and I were drinking with Pat Ford, we offered you to come drink with us...you blew us off because I was wearing a bulls tshirt. You screamed Seattle Super Sonics for life and walked away.

Oh, come on! You're making that up to hype my rep. I hope LIKE HELL that I actually did that! Sorry if you were genuinely offended, I had no idea that night got so awesome!

It doesn't sound like this is gonna be super tight, so I can probably usher anyone from here up there if they come find me.

How about someone who is a year shy of 21? ;)

Unfortunately I can't do anything about that as the Metro is really serious about their IDs. If it makes you feel any better, I doubt you'll be missing much!

"Official MGD After Show Party"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Just wait til' I tell all my friends at The Fest!*"

*: Sponsored by Pabst, also owned by Miller Brewing. Womp womp.

I'm not one of those guys who flies the Pabst flag, but same ownership aside, there is something embarrassing about any beer that markets the specific name MGD64. I couldn't not feel like a douche if I ordered that. But hey free beer is free beer.

"Just wait til' I tell all my friends at The Fest!*"

*: Sponsored by Pabst, also owned by Miller Brewing. Womp womp.

I'm not one of those guys who flies the Pabst flag, but same ownership aside, there is something embarrassing about any beer that markets the specific name MGD64. I couldn't not feel like a douche if I ordered that. But hey free beer is free beer.

The Metro has an advertising deal with Miller. That's how a lot of clubs work in Chicago, you get to pick a distributor and that's it. That's how the baseball teams work too: Cubs are Bud, Sox are Miller.

Stevo is trying to make some kind of sellout joke, but it bears mentioning that Metro is quite possibly the most famous independently-owned and operated club in America. All their employees are punk rockers or in bands and they are highly respected by touring bands and booking agents. Yes, they sell beer there. Yes, everything is "Miller-this" or "Miller-that".

But true to the self-destructive punk community, some asshole (in this case Stevo) has to make some spectacle out of it and point fingers. The Fest has a FUCKING LAW FIRM sponsoring it. You suppose Stevo withdraws his tongue from No Idea's asshole long enough to say something about that?

I dunno, it really fucking irks me that Stevo comes into a thread about bands/shows that he couldn't give a frozen shit about just to talk shit.

On top of that, he acts all buddy-buddy to the guys in the band that he is talking shit about then goes and makes some snide comment on the internet. Is TLA really worthy of criticism for DJing at this fucking bar for an hour where they are giving away free beer and free pizza? Is that your big fight, Stevo?

Some day, something shitty is gonna happen to you, your label, or your store. And when it does I hope your contemporaries are a little less eager to find flaws than you are.

is the falcon done?

i mean one of the lawrence arms songs on the upcoming 7" was supposed to be a new falcon song and they aren't even playing this fest when larry arms and dan are playing.

Naw, the Falcon will probably do something. They played last year and we try and mix things up, ya know.

Anyone have a pic of the Red Scare beer stein?

Agreed! I would totally love one of these!

There's pics out there somewhere. I have a few left actually and would be willing to reward any poor bastard that went to all 3 shows with one of these.

I shoulda done a scavenger hunt. Or has someone else like Riot Fest done that?

I thought the MGD thing was funny because of this quote from badsandwichchronicles

"I can’t make beer, and despite the fact that if I tried, my first batch would probably be worse than MGD, I can say with certainty that MGD is a terrible beer."

Just a funny coincidence

Yeah, I'm not even sure they sell MGD at Metro. I thought Miller Lite was their big beer that they sell and does all that shit. MGD is terrible, but I like Lite