Gainesville's Friends of Library Book+Record sale

Hit this twice-yearly event over the weekend. I've never found anything great there in the vinyl section. Mostly classic rock/country/easy listening records.

A couple of interesting things I came across;

* Against Me "Sink Florida Sink" on marbled purple - no sleeve, just loose.

* Casualties record clear vinyl no cover - just in a white paper sleeve.

Maybe if I had gotten there when they first opened....

FUCK. I always miss this. My friend has snagged some awesome books from there in the past. Didn't know they had records, but I'd assume the selection is along the lines of what you can usually find in almost every library: tons of classical music, obscure classic rock, and the random awesome release that usually is fucked up in some way.

FUCK. I always miss this. My friend has snagged some awesome books from there in the past. Didn't know they had records, but I'd assume the selection is along the lines of what you can usually find in almost every library: tons of classical music, obscure classic rock, and the random awesome release that usually is fucked up in some way.

It's still going on. Today and tomorrow everything is 50% off.

I might swing by there after work and see if anything decent

is to be found.

The books/LPs/cassettes/CD/VHS/DVDs are not all from the library - alot of them were donated by individuals for the sale.

I'll try to remember to post when the next one happens in the spring.

It's still going on. Today and tomorrow everything is 50% off.

I might swing by there after work and see if anything decent

is to be found.

The books/LPs/cassettes/CD/VHS/DVDs are not all from the library - alot of them were donated by individuals for the sale.

I'll try to remember to post when the next one happens in the spring.

Yeah, I live in Lakeland, so I usually need a little advance notice. My friend usually keeps tabs on these and drives up the night before. He snoozed on it this year, apparently.