need craigslist help.

Long story short my dog just bolted out the door and I was hauling ass trying to catch him. One of the cars that almost hit me as I ran after him actually helped me find him and I wanted to post a thank you to him on craiglist but I cant seem to find the appropriate forum. I could just be missing the obvious place but everything is a creepy "missed connection" or "casual encounter".

thanks in advance.

Long story short my PROSTITUTE just bolted out the door and I was hauling ass trying to catch HER. One of the cars that almost hit me as I ran after him actually helped me find HER and I wanted to post a thank you to him on craiglist but I cant seem to find the appropriate forum.

If this was the case I could help.

my dog weighs 4.4 pounds. i think im just going to tie a 30 pound weight around his neck and then I wont ever have to chase him across busy streets again.

Seriously though I feel awful. I have no idea what scared him in the yard when i took him out back. The other dog started flipping out too. i was trying to shush them up and get them inside and i stepped into the house and they had stopped barking and as soon as i took the leash off him he turned, ran through my legs and right out the door(which i was going right back out to clean up their landmines) I dont live near quiet streets exactly either so I just booked and almost got hit on my street and the more busy one. My dog would surely have died if he took any sort of impact from a vehicle.

did you thank him in person? If you checked "yes" you don't need to post some lame ass shit on craigslist. If you checked "no" then you are a douchebag.

Secondly. What makes you think the dude will even see what you read? Do you do some sort of good deed and then lurk craigslist to see if anyone is praising your kindness?

Guest kissthesharks

I think he is so grateful that the dude helped save his dog's life that he wants to make it public. Maybe thank him again just in case the dude saw it.

Maybe a better approach would be writing to your local newspaper. Like if they have a letters to the editor section. In the local paper back home, sometimes they'd publish letters where people thanked strangers for their random acts of kindness.

Also, I don't think I had a chance to say this but haven't seen you round these parts in a while. Good to see you back. :D

Maybe a better approach would be writing to your local newspaper. Like if they have a letters to the editor section. In the local paper back home, sometimes they'd publish letters where people thanked strangers for their random acts of kindness.

Also, I don't think I had a chance to say this but haven't seen you round these parts in a while. Good to see you back. :D

This could work, OR you could do some detective work and track the dude down and give him a present.

Of course I thanked him. I don't think that a "Thank You" in a public forum is uncalled for given the fact that had he not helped out I surely would have lost track of my dog. The dog was a good half a block away from me, I was running in bare feet and not getting any closer. He sped ahead in his car and caught up to my dog.

I just adopted this dog and he clearly came from a home with no discipline. Im working on training him but the situation leading up to this was pretty standard until something in my backyard spooked the dog and got him all worked up.

I also had mentioned that "I've given up" on the idea as I was satisfied that my Thanks in person was sufficient.

Thanks Nicole. I moved in with my girlfriend back in September, hit a few bumps along the way, and just recently started posting again. It was mostly a time/lack of internet thing but I must say that I have saved a few pennies by not checking the board as frequently as I once had. Besides Alan, Mark and Devin I really hadn't been in contact with anyone from here and missed a good amount of the VC crew. Glad to be back.

glad your dog is ok!

Thanks man. I need to get some pictures of him up. Wasn't there a pet thread at one point or something? I guess my avatar picture will have to do for now.

The dude is hilarious. He looks like a mini werewolf. He also has an under bite and his one snaggly tooth is just stuck outside of his lip. He also has a small bump on his one cheek. The only obvious name for him was Lemmy!