Help get the TAKERS on East Bound and Down

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

My buddy Brian over at Nine Bullets recently posted on Facebook his excitement for the 2nd season of East Bound and Down, one of the greatest shows on the planet. Eastbound & Down is a show from HBO, starring Danny McBride as Kenny Powers, a former professional baseball pitcher, who after a disappointing career is forced to return to his hometown middle-school in Shelby, North Carolina as a substitute physical education teacher. I fell in love with the show when Seabron brought the first season to the office. I shared the DVDs with my brother, my friends, and I told everyone who would listen about this fantastic, new show. If you haven't seen the show, buy the first season, Netflix it, do whatever it takes to watch the 6 episode season. You will be glad you did. The show has been signed on for a second season and Brian's post reminded me something I was thinking while watching the first season, Suburban Home recording act, the Takers, should be on the soundtrack for the show, hell they should write the theme song.

If you haven't heard the Takers' debut album, "Taker Easy", it is time you took a listen to see what these guys have been up to. I posted a full album stream below. Take a listen. The band is from Gainesville and are one of only a handful of bands I know carrying the Outlaw Country torch that was lit during the 70's with Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, and others. Songs like "Curse of a Drunk" and "Friends in Bottles" almost seem meant for Eastbound & Down. Although the Takers don't live the chaotic life that Kenny Powers lives on the show, their themes of disappointment, booze, and hard life would make the perfect soundtrack for the show.

Here is where you can help friends. If you could repost this post on Twitter, on Facebook, through email, wherever you can, it might help us to find someone who knows the people who supervise the music for East Bound & Down. Hell, if someone knows Danny McBride or Will Ferrel (who is in a number of episodes and is an Executive Producer), burn them a copy of the album and tell them what we want to do. Devon from the Takers even said the following, "i'll write a song just for the show, i love that damn show. You should have been at my last barbeque, i had the fuckin spoonman from the soundgarden video there..."

I have no idea if this will work or not, but in this crazy world we all live in, you gotta have a dream. Make our dreams come true by getting the Takers on East Bound and Down. And while we are at it, let them know that we will gladly put out a Soundtrack for the show on Suburban Home. Man, that would rule. Thanks everyone.

STREAM THE TAKERS "TAKER EASY" HERE:

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/11/12/help-get-the-takers-on-east-bound-and-down/