Mexican Cheerleader LP PO & free download

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This record can now be downloaded for free here:

This album can be downloaded for free here: http://undercomm.org/download/UCR029.zip

This album can be downloaded for free here: http://undercomm.org/download/UCR029.zip

please check out the album today!

• 3 weeks later...
FINALLY! I picked this up. The holidays kicked my ass. I'm digging the mp3s too damn much! Is that goddamn theremin solo on Plastic Boys or a space-guitar?

=

Pete from Mexican Cheerleader wrote...

Which part? There’s kind of a siren-sounding guitar coming out of the line “you’re never going back again”, which is overdriven guitar with some added reverb.

The end solo is really the theremin, with a guitar line and whistling overdubs. If they are not asking about the theremin specifically, the guitar line probably has a bit of flange and/or phase thrown on it for a b-movie sci-fi effect (a theme revisited in the end solo of “I’m A Mess” and other places), but that guitar is buried in the mix. It might be the theremin they are hearing.

Once again, Pete with a long answer for a short question…

P.K.

FINALLY! I picked this up. The holidays kicked my ass. I'm digging the mp3s too damn much! Is that goddamn theremin solo on Plastic Boys or a space-guitar?

=

Pete from Mexican Cheerleader wrote...

Which part? There’s kind of a siren-sounding guitar coming out of the line “you’re never going back again”, which is overdriven guitar with some added reverb.

The end solo is really the theremin, with a guitar line and whistling overdubs. If they are not asking about the theremin specifically, the guitar line probably has a bit of flange and/or phase thrown on it for a b-movie sci-fi effect (a theme revisited in the end solo of “I’m A Mess” and other places), but that guitar is buried in the mix. It might be the theremin they are hearing.

Once again, Pete with a long answer for a short question…

P.K.

[image]

Thanks for the info!

Dayumm Justin. Anyway to get a break on shipping to Canada. The LP is 8 bones and shipping is 15 almost double the price of the wax.

yes Trevor, I will refund the overage charges, or I can figure out the postage and send you an invoice? Shipping should only be like $6.75 (or less sometimes)