Operation Ivy - Hectic -OP 1st press Question

waytansea27

Is it a first press w/ Laytonville, CA address and red stamp? There's a few pressings of this 7" and it's hard to tell what pressing you won from the description in the listing.

Also, I have seen a first pressing of this go for $15-40. Awesome record whatever press you have.

Is it a first press w/ Laytonville, CA address and red stamp? There's a few pressings of this 7" and it's hard to tell what pressing you won from the description in the listing.

Also, I have seen a first pressing of this go for $15-40. Awesome record whatever press you have.

Not sure - I was just going by Lookout Records #3.

there are 3 notable pressings, maybe more

Here are the ones I know of:

- Laytonville, CA address w/ red #'d stamp & booklet

- Laytonville, CA address without red #'d stamp & booklet

- Berkeley, CA address in pocket style glossy sleeve

actually there are berkeley ones with the booklet too and photocopied cover.

the one the above poster one was more than likely (i'm almost 100%) a glossy cover version. if you check the shading along the bottom and the ridge you will notice it's a gradual shading. as if it's a rounded edge. the photocopied covers would't produce those. also photocopied covers wouldn't produce a rounded corner. it was just be a bent corner.

Here are the ones I know of:

- Laytonville, CA address w/ red #'d stamp & booklet

- Laytonville, CA address without red #'d stamp & booklet

- Berkeley, CA address in pocket style glossy sleeve

actually there are berkeley ones with the booklet too and photocopied cover.

the one the above poster one was more than likely (i'm almost 100%) a glossy cover version. if you check the shading along the bottom and the ridge you will notice it's a gradual shading. as if it's a rounded edge. the photocopied covers would't produce those. also photocopied covers wouldn't produce a rounded corner. it was just be a bent corner.

i forgot about the laytonville without the stamp. i know of 2 berkeley pressings, the later one with the glossy cover, and then and also one without a glossy cover which was an earlier pressing

These are the different versions that I know to exist:

1. Laytonville address, photocopied paper sleeve and booklet, red 4-digit number stamp on the back. These range from at least 0001 to 3500, possibly up to 4000. A-side Trail-off wax: "L-29387 Lookout-3-A kdisc CRIMPSHRINE EAT SHIT". I would bet that these encompass at least 3 separate pressings, but I have not been able to confirm this. There's no way a small label starting out at that point would have pressed 3500 copies of a 7" on the first run. If I had to guess, I would say there were 2 runs of 1000 copies, and then a third of 1500.

2. Laytonville address, glossy 2-sided foldover printed sleeve, booklet. No red stamp. A-side Trail-off wax: "L-29387 Lookout-3-A kdisc CRIMPSHRINE EAT SHIT".

3. Berkeley address, glossy 1-sided foldover printed sleeve, booklet. A-side Trail-off wax: "L-29387 Lookout-3-A kdisc CRIMPSHRINE EAT SHIT".

4. Berkeley address, glossy full thick-stock sleeve, booklet. A-side Trail-off wax: "L-29387 Lookout-3-A kdisc CRIMPSHRINE EAT SHIT".

5. Berkeley address, glossy full thick-stock sleeve, booklet. A-side Trail-off wax: "L-47404 LK-3-A CRIMPSHRINE EAT SHIT". First pressed ~11/1996.

6. Berkeley address, glossy full thick-stock sleeve, booklet. A-side Trail-off wax: "L-52882 LK-3-A CRIMPSHRINE EAT SHIT". First pressed ~3/2000.

1-4 above were done with the same masters. 5 and 6 are each from unique masters.

The stamped versions tend to go anywhere from $25-40.