Bands you missed out on

mrc

right now i've been listening to oblivion a lot, i really wish i could see them when they were around, or that reunion show they did with apocalypse hoboken, that must have been amazing!

i'll ask the guys and see if there's a video...i actually wasn't there.

...and if i can possibly do this without it sounding like a commercial...trust me i'd say this even if i didn't put their records out...but...are you familiar with Mexican Cheerleader?

This band is Pete from Oblivion, Scott and Andy from Hoboken and Karl from Lynyrd's Innards.

they only have one anything on vinyl, a split 7" with a band called Shattered Angel.

...but their CDs are available at undercomm.org, noidea, interpunk, on itunes too.

1 four song demo cdr, 2 full length CDs, one split 7" & 1 CDEP.

PM me if you want any more info.

I guess the only bands I had multiple chances to see but always missed were BRAID and SNUFF.

I also still haven't seen NAKED RAYGUN now that they're back together.

honestly i love Snuff, but that band was fucking boring live. any band where the drummer sings runs this risk...sometimes the rest of the band will take up the slack from the lack of a frontman...but the time i saw them play the guitar/bass players just stood there, the trombone player moved around when he'd come on stage and play for the random song, but the keyboardist would just stand on the side and smoke and very unexcitedly join in when he needed to. kind of a bummer.

I'll let you know if Raygun's going to play the northeast...they probably will...that's all iI'm gonna say. ;)

So i am sure everyone has gotten into a band after their demise, or just weren't around when they rocked.

What band passed you by and then broke up?

For me it would be: Murder City Devils

But i also just picked up an No Empathy cd in the dollar bin and that shit is amazing, i cant believe i never listened to them until yesterday.

If anyone has anything from either band they want to trade let me know.

Just so you know Mark from No Empathy still has most, if not all of the NE catalog available. I know he certainly has everything available on CD.

He's also in a new band called Das Kapital, who're playing the Fest and are awesome!!

Either get in touch with him through the DK myspace or the Johann's Face website.

Murder City Devils were amazing. The drunker Spencer got, the greater they got...the shit he would say while drunk was spectacular. Band was always fucking on. I never once saw them play a half assed show.

Yeah, I saw them twice and both times they brought the fucking rock.

Damn...this thread is making me feel ancient. Most of the bands that have been mentioned, I have seen perform at one point or another.

Same here. I saw MCD as I already mentioned, ATDI, and the Get Up Kids (multiple times). I never got to see Botch, Refused, or Frodus though. Huge bummer.

I skipped a Refused show to go see a friends band in Gainesville.......Refused broke up 5 days later.

Still pissed about that.

I had to work the night of the Lifetime show, but they got back together and I saw them recently.

I DID get to see some pretty crazy shows......Milhouse and Indecision........Reversal of Mans last show ever..........AK3 at DIY Records..........Discount (tons)..........Shai Hulud in a tiny,m sweaty warehouse........

Guest falloutcollapse
I skipped a Refused show to go see a friends band in Gainesville.......Refused broke up 5 days later.

Still pissed about that.

I had to work the night of the Lifetime show, but they got back together and I saw them recently.

I DID get to see some pretty crazy shows......Milhouse and Indecision........Reversal of Mans last show ever..........AK3 at DIY Records..........Discount (tons)..........Shai Hulud in a tiny,m sweaty warehouse........

i saw shai hulud in an empty room of a church last summer. the cops came when dead to fall came on because a huge fight broke out between "crews" and cut off sound, and dead to fall/metal kids kept it going. pretty sweet.