Bands you missed out on

mrc

So i am sure everyone has gotten into a band after their demise, or just weren't around when they rocked.

What band passed you by and then broke up?

For me it would be: Murder City Devils

But i also just picked up an No Empathy cd in the dollar bin and that shit is amazing, i cant believe i never listened to them until yesterday.

If anyone has anything from either band they want to trade let me know.

Bummer, I traded all of my Murder City Devils stuff a while ago. I have a couple of No Empathy releases, but I'm holding onto them. They also did a 7" box set which was pretty sweet, but I never tracked it down.

I can't think of any band I totally missed out on, but I'm sure one will come to mind soon.

Fugazi. It was my best friend's favorite band and he always talked about how amazing their shows were. I was going to tag along to the Kent State University show they were doing since I was slowly starting to get into them at the time. But he'd seen them a ton of times and it wasn't convenient timing so he didn't go. At least I have it on VHS somewhere

I guess I should clarify that I didn't miss out on them considering they were still putting out albums. I just don't think they ever toured near me again

So i am sure everyone has gotten into a band after their demise, or just weren't around when they rocked.

But i also just picked up an No Empathy cd in the dollar bin and that shit is amazing, i cant believe i never listened to them until yesterday.

Just so you know Mark from No Empathy still has most, if not all of the NE catalog available. I know he certainly has everything available on CD.

He's also in a new band called Das Kapital, who're playing the Fest and are awesome!!

Either get in touch with him through the DK myspace or the Johann's Face website.

Murder City Devils were amazing. The drunker Spencer got, the greater they got...the shit he would say while drunk was spectacular. Band was always fucking on. I never once saw them play a half assed show.

i missed out on all the thursday vinyl. they're my favorite band, but i am still vinyl-less.

Me too, I just got Five Stories falling off here, never had any luck with the rest

However, my biggest regret is missing Million Dead, they came through the states once and I wasn't into them, and since they were small and from the UK I don't have much chance of getting any vinyl if they even ever pressed it.

Just so you know Mark from No Empathy still has most, if not all of the NE catalog available. I know he certainly has everything available on CD.

He's also in a new band called Das Kapital, who're playing the Fest and are awesome!!

Either get in touch with him through the DK myspace or the Johann's Face website.

Murder City Devils were amazing. The drunker Spencer got, the greater they got...the shit he would say while drunk was spectacular. Band was always fucking on. I never once saw them play a half assed show.

Thanks for the info, I am stoked since im going to the fest. i would have never known.

And thanks hickey for the link. I think i might have to grab that, but i have to wait until after i go pick my car up from the shop later this afternoon.

i duuno, there were a lot of bands around before i got into music shows. i would seriously love to have seen flux of pink indians in their prime.

never got to see jawbreaker either, even tho they were still a band when i got into them. the downside of living in central florida, nobody ever made it down here.

Refused. Mineral. The Misfits (I wasn't born yet). So shitty.

The one that pisses me off most though, due to my own ignorance, is The Gloria Record. I had an easy 3 or 4 opporunities to see them at a small hall in CT. I hadn't really heard them yet, nor did I know it was Chris Simpson's band despite loving Mineral at the time. I had a few friends who always went and I'll never forgive myself for not going.

Not to mention, I of course missed the vinyl from these bands, but have made efforts to get what I can.