REVIVAL TOUR AUSTRALIA – Chuck,Frank,Tim and Ben

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Tim had told me that this tour would soon be announced and today, I am proud to post news of the first ever Revival Tour Australia and if you look at this lineup, I got to say those Aussies are pretty damn lucky. Seeing Chuck, Frank, Tim, and Ben on the same stage, man, it doesn't get any better than that. Below is the press release and tour dates. Anyone have an extra plane ticket to Australia that you want to send over my way?

Ten Four Records, Blue Murder, Resist & Bomshellzine present

REVIVAL TOUR – Chuck Ragan (Hot Water Music), Frank Turner, Tim Barry (Avail), Ben Nichols (Lucero)

Founded by Chuck Ragan, the singer / songwriter / guitarist and Hot Water Music co-frontman-- THE REVIVAL TOUR is set to launch in Australia from April 22 in Brisbane and wrap May 1 in Hobart.

Drawing from a diverse group of established musicians in indie Americana, rock, punk, Irish folk, THE REVIVAL TOUR will take the band of traveling musicians throughout Australia including Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Hobart. In traditional revival fashion, once the music starts, this new guard of young, genre-defying, musicians keep it rolling, teaming in and out through each others’ sets until the final farewell of the night.

The Revival Australian Tour will include: Chuck Ragan (of Hot Water Music), Frank Turner, Tim Barry (of Avail) and Ben Nichols (of Lucero), with additional musicians Jon Gaunt and Todd Beene.

“As artists we go on tour together and then in the final days of the tour--after everyone is familiar with one another--you’re playing songs with your tour-mates and having a blast,” states founder Chuck Ragan. “I thought, why can’t we get together, rehearse before the tour starts and perform together during the entire tour?” Ragan says of his inspiration for THE REVIVAL TOUR. “Some of our set for that night’s show is chosen in advance, but everything else evolves organically onstage,” he elaborates. “It’s truly one of the most special tours I’ve ever been a part of.”

Tickets on sale 9am Friday 22nd January

REVIVAL TOUR AUSTRALIA 2010 – Chuck Ragan (Hot Water Music), Frank Turner, Tim Barry (Avail), Ben Nichols (Lucero)

Thu April 22 The Zoo, Brisbane

Fri April 23 Annandale Hotel, Sydney

Sun April 25 Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle

Wed April 28 Rosemount, Perth

Thu April 29 Enigma, Adelaide

Fri April 30 Corner, Melbourne

Sat May 1 Brisbane Hotel, Hobart

im keen to see frank turner, tim barry and chuck ragan. but i reckon ill get pretty bored after a night of acoustic music. would of been good if these guys could play between some short sets of some punk rock. paper arms, a death in the family. that sort of shit. just to mix it up a bit.

im keen to see frank turner, tim barry and chuck ragan. but i reckon ill get pretty bored after a night of acoustic music. would of been good if these guys could play between some short sets of some punk rock. paper arms, a death in the family. that sort of shit. just to mix it up a bit.

you ( i ) don't really, the combination of no set up times and the fiddle and stand up bass in the background make it quite a party.