THOU - Peasant LP (last of the OG press) + SALES!!

OK dudes so we don't typically post our distro stuff here as to not conflict with the powers that be, but we've gotten a good chunk of the last copies available of the Peasant LPs from THOU. I checked, and VC doesn't sell this so I don't feel too bad advertising about it here.

This is easily one of the most impressive sludge/doom bands going right now, and this is their 2nd album was released on the now-defunct Level Plane. Because this dropped right before the label dropped (off the face of the earth), distribution for it was wacky. Despite that, it sold fast and is now only available through us, the band and I think Gilead Media probably.

http://roboticempirenews.blogspot.com/

You can read more about it there, but basically we've been stocking a TON of stuff by THOU in preparation for the release of their phenomenal Baton Rouge, You Have Much To Answer For 12" EP (45rpm) in April. We love this band, and implore you to check them out. Also listed in the blog above is the tons of killer THOU releases that we've re-stocked recently, which we can't seem to ever keep in stock for long... so: heads up!

In addition to that, we are running a MASSIVE sale on our website right now, including over 350 different LPs, 7"s, CDs, cassettes, shirts, etc all on sale. We're sorta running out of space and also need to bring in some extra bucks for the massive slew of releases we're dropping in the spring. Please check it out if you have a chance:

http://www.roboticempire.com

Thanks fellow vinyl fiends!

I feel like anyone who listens to them tends to get sucked in. l

This is true. I started out with the 'Tyrant' lp on One Eye, got blown away, had some time anxiously awaiting more material, and then it just poured out. No idea how they keep up the quality level with this rate of releases, but I'm not complaining

So seriously, if you are into any kind of doom/sludge/whatever, got nuts with their download section...you'll end up wanting to track down each & every release after that, if Thou is your thing. Their take on the sound is very refreshing.

not positive, although I'm guessing 500 or 1000.

"Peasant" is now SOLD OUT from us on vinyl, although we still have a pile of other killer THOU stuff:

http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Thou&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=9

• 2 weeks later...