END OF A YEAR 7" HOLDUP- MYSTERIES EXPLAINED!!!

Well then, since many of you have probably been like, 'where the fuck is my End Of a Year 7" that I ordered months ago?!' and I have been like, 'where the hell are the End Of a Year 7"s that people ordered months ago?!' I have now gotten to the bottom of things here at Hexquarters.

It seems the pressing plant has been out of clear vinyl for some time now and have no clue when they will get more. This seems to be a problem with pressing plants from time to time and it's never quite certain when a missing color will be back in stock.

Nevertheless, I have decided to press on with a new color. Instead of the intended 100 clear, 200 white, and 200 black there will instead be 100 on solid green to replace the clear.

So anyone who ordered a copy on clear will get green instead. I hope that doesn't bother anyone too much. I know I'd rather just get the record at this point regardless of what color it is.

If you have a big beef with this and want a different color instead (white or black) drop me a line and I'll change your order- [email protected]

So things have been squared away with the plant at this point and everything will move right along at this point and should be in my hands in a couple weeks.

Nope, not United. I use Bill Smith. They are typically quite reliable and maybe it's just a bit of my fault as well for not following up with them enough to check in on the progress of things.

Basically (and this will hold true for most pressing plants), when they run out of color they really don't know when they will get a new batch of that color as it is up to the vinyl manufactuer (whoever makes the vinyl mix for the pressing plants) to decide on what colors to make and when. I get the feeling that many pressing plants go through the same people/place to get their vinyl as some friends had a similar issue a couple years back with getting white vinyl for the How We Are 12" and waited for months before deciding to just do a different color.

I waited for awhile to see if the clear would come in (I like using it for many of my releases) and had even had a portion of the Prize Country 12"s pressed on clear late last year so I figured it couldn't be too long a wait. Well, that was a mistake.

So yeah, with that said, I'm sure a different color will not be a big deal. It will all sound the same in the end anyway!