HELP!!! Stencil making question

So my band The Burbs is playing our first Chicago show on Friday and the always awesome Danthemjfan is going to be making them for us.

He's going to be using spray paint and we need to know what would be the easiest way to make 20-25 shirts using only one stencil. Would using cardboard be best or is their another way to insure accuracy but have it be easily repeatable?

Also what kind of paint would be best to use?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

I use cardboard for my stencils but that's just my preference. Some people use plastics, formboard, cardstock....it really depends on what the artist prefers. I've yet to have a problem with cardboard. Cardboard, x-acto knife, and montana paint is my preferences. You might wanna try fabric spray paint. I've never tried it but it could work better on shirts. I don't like the way spray paint applies to shirts and when you wash them the image gets all sticky and nasty. I prefer screen print.

Sorry this is late David and I hope your show goes well tonight, our band has been spray painting shirts from day one.

Foam board works ok, but soaks up after a while. I'd get the heaviest display/poster board you can find, and try cutting 2 stencils at once.

Here's some examples from years ago to a design we used 2 months ago.

You can do some cool stuff with spray paint and stencils if you take your time.

[image]

[image]

[image]