Agalloch 6xLP Wooden Box

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took almost a month to get my first box set from Thomas. DHL shipping is crazy slow so I'd expect another week maybe a bit longer. I have both the red and black box sets (bought the black one from prophecy and they shipped it to me in a little over a week!) because I'm a big Agalloch nerd. It'll be worth the wait once you get it man, its a fantastic box set.

• 2 weeks later...

gumbercules - did you get it yet?

I just got the test pressings for the box in the mail the other day. Thomas and I worked out a trade even before the box set came out that got put on hold for months. I have to admit, for a while I never thought I'd actually get these, but after tons of emails, he was true to his word. Here is a link to some pics for those interested -

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/katat....ml# post9461358

He said only 3 sets of the 20 are actually going out to people. The band originally didn't want any of these spread out but then allowed Thomas to trade a few to a few people as long as they didn't ebay them.

I did actually. It was a little scuffed on the bottom, and the little latch was half broken off, but I can't complain. It's an awesome set.

AND DUDE, that is so fucking awesome about the test presses. Which reminds me, I need to email Thomas again about my refund. Great score! What did you trade?

I ordered a 2nd box from Prophecy and this is what happened -

http://i52.tinypic.com/34gkqkh.jpg

Whomever packaged it put no padding in the box whatsoever. I contacted the label and they're working on getting me a refund since it was covered by insurance. Its so odd because the first box I ordered from them was packed perfectly. As for the tests, I traded a few Agalloch albums I had doubles of (ashes orange, Tomorrow 7") and Mastodon's Leviathan on clear /100. I also got the ISIS Live V test as well in the deal.

I'm from Germany and also waiting for the Isis Record ..

Sent numerous Emails without any response. So in my last email i promised him a visit in Berlin. This Time i've got a Response (Same excuses everybody got: busy blah blah...) He promised me to Sent my Records asap

That was a Week ago and no Records arrived

Viva hate = worst Record Label ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i may be missing something, but it looks like they have an all-black vinyl version of this still available for anyone who wants this for a more-reasonable-than-eBay price. That Opeth box looks REALLY tempting to me. i'll put it on my Christmas list for sure.