why you don't use iphone or blackberry ?

i've had an iphone on and off since they came out. it's been handy for work, for getting ahold of people while i'm at work, figuring out details when i'm not around a computer all day long. i'm a driver, i'm on the road all day. i talk to my friend all day about bs, rack up those unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. text certain people who can't just talk at their job but somehow get away with texting.

i had my iphone and ipod stolen out of my work van last summer. sucked ass, and mostly because it was my ipod. i like listening to the college station but the signal isn't the greatest and sometimes i just get bored with their playlist and the current wave of hipster stuff. i've found way better music through this board and the labels that post on it. my ipod had all that stuff and i was probably the most peeved that it was stolen over my iphone. plus being out $450 isn't fun.

i got another iphone in january and i'm still wondering how i managed without it. i use it for pictures (camera isn't the greatest but it works), texting, email, purchases (mostly vinyl), GPS (for lining up numbers or out of town stuff, i'm a diehard mapbook guy), looking up addresses, numbers or store hours. i'm not a super important person, but it's nice to have a way to manage everything when you're not at home that much and you don't have a laptop. it's more convenience over necessity.

when i had my phone stolen, i resorted back to my Nokia 6126 with no internet, just texting. it wasn't pretty but it got the job done until i could upgrade again. i did buy the new, bigger ipod first though. i'm so glad they didn't jack my damn FM transmitter. those things are a ripoff and a half.