Gaslight Anthem American Slang debuts #16 on Billb

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

The Gaslight Anthem "American Slang" debuts #16 on the Billboard charts

I wanted to congratulate Side One Dummy and the Gaslight Anthem for debuting on the Billboard Charts at #16 with nearly 27,000 albums sold, their highest debut yet. They also debuted #1 on the Independent Billboard Chart which is absolutely amazing. They sold nearly 20,000 copies more in their first week of American Slang than they did during the first week of sales for 59 Sound. Of that number, 2179 copies were sold on vinyl (at least according to Soundscan) which is good enough to get "American Slang" #57 on the Year to Date Billboard Vinyl Charts. Those are all really fantastic numbers. Congrats guys.

Guest Admin
Virgil - when are you gonna announce test press winners for this?

EDIT: And where the heck can I see this: "Year to Date Billboard Vinyl Charts"

i just posted the chart. i will announce test press winners when side one sends them to me.

Guest Admin
Does that year to date Billboard vinyl sales not give exact figures? I see you posted the quantity for 1st and 60th, but nothing inbetween.

i explained why i did that. I used to run a site called IndieHq and they will send sites a cease and desist if you post all of the soundscan numbers.

Does that year to date Billboard vinyl sales not give exact figures? I see you posted the quantity for 1st and 60th, but nothing inbetween.

i explained why i did that. I used to run a site called IndieHq and they will send sites a cease and desist if you post all of the soundscan numbers.

Oh, my bad. I didn't read that whole post, just this thread and the aforementioned figures. That's pretty lame on their part, though.