dark night of the soul

forgive me if there is already a thread on this.

is anyone getting into this? i know it leaked awhile back but since it just came out i'm finally getting around to checking it out. not sure how it'll hold up over time but it's a pretty fascinating album, with all the collaborations and what not.

mark linkous will certainly be missed.

FYI: at amazon you can download the whole album for $3.99 including 2 exclusive tracks.

the phrase "dark night of the soul" refers to what one might call a "crisis of faith." in a spiritual sense, it is a phase people go through in which they feel abandoned by god or directionless in their "spiritual journey." lots of catholics and other christians make reference to this type of thing and refer to it as "the dark night of their soul," viewing it as a turning point between believing what they've always been taught or told and really deeply embracing their faith.

i only mention this, because it's where the phrase originated, to be referenced by sparklehorse, the get up kids, fear factory, and i'm certain many, many others.

[image]