'Panic Records' Experiences?

I ordered a 12" & 7" from Panic Records (http://panicrecords.net/) on June 23rd, they arrived just over a week later which was pretty speedy for an international order. However the 12" wasn't what I ordered (obvious mispack at their end), I emailed them and after a week of not hearing back from them, I raised a dispute with Paypal.

Only after I raised the dispute did I hear back from them and they advised me to send the 12" back and they'll send the correct one out. They've advised they'll cover the media mail once they receive the LP back, only thing is since I'm overseas there's no Media Mail, only international mail.

The record they sent me mistakingly is only USD$9.99 on their site, the one I was to receive was USD$11.99 and they want me to pay USD$15.00 to send this record back to them? When I said I would send the record back provided they did refund the shipping for that and dispatch the correct record I got no response. It's been a week and a half now with no response and when I escalated the claim with Paypal, it immediately won out in the favour as apparently Paypal don't cover these type of things.

Just curious if others have had similar experiences with this label as it's pretty pathetic. As now I'm now out roughly USD$22.00 and stuck with a record I didn't order.

i order all the time from them and have had no problems but that is shitty and a bitch move . they should let you keep the wrong lp and send you another one . anytime i got a wrong lp in an order thats what the companies have done . in fact vinyl collective/suburban home have done this to me twice and both times i got to keep the wrong record as unless they sent you the money up front to ship it back you shouldnt have to come out of pocket for thier mistake .

have also ordered from Panic a few times, and never had any problems. I live overseas as well.. Tim (I believe it is) who's doing the label is a solid dude, met him last year when he toured with his band and we played a few shows with them. hopefully he'll sort things out for you.

have had the same stuff happen to me twice, once when ordering from Interpunk & once when ordering from No Idea. what I did then was offer to pay for the record(s) that got sent to me by mistake, and then have them send the right ones after that. to me that made perfect sense, as I could easily sell those records to friends, or just keep them, plus I didn't have to bother packing up and sending back records, having to pay for shipping myself (that I would eventually get back of course). it also made it a lot easier for the folks at Interpunk & No Idea, even if it was them that made the mistake. it didn't cost me much to be nice about it.