Onion's AV Club - Suburban Home marks 15 years rem

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

The day the label died: Suburban Home marks 15 years remembering those that came before

http://www.avclub.com/denver/articles/the-day-the-label-died-suburban-home-marks-15-year,44915/

While this piece was originally supposed to discuss 15 labels that had an influence on Suburban Home who are no longer around, I'm guessing the editors made decisions to cut out talk of some of the labels I had mentioned. Click the link to see what they included, but know that I had originally included Lookout Records, Mutant Pop, Allied Records, Shredder, Dill Records, Initial Records, Grey Flight, and Rhetoric. Moon Ska barely missed my list and I was reminded later that I should have included Desoto.

Either way, this was a fun exercise in remembering a lot of great labels who are no longer with us.

Who would you have included that I didn't? Instead of a photo of me, they should have shown a picture of a 40 oz being poured onto the curb.

lame that they excluded those labels but I see what they were going for with the article. good read!

I saw it, too, but man, I had lots to say about each of the labels and had hoped they would have published it all. Still cool that they even thought to ask the question.