PROTEST THE HERO: FORTRESS RELEASE PARTY

This is a bulletin that Protest The Hero put out last week:

"Guess who's playing the Sound Academy (the Docks, for those of you slightly behind on your Toronto club turnovers). on Saturday?

Thats right...

Strung Out, Hostage Life, and Protest The Hero!!, who stepped in last minute to replace Lagwagon. This is a free show, 19+, doors are at 8pm, it's first come first serve, so get out there early and be prepared to party.

FORTRESS! descends upon the world on the 29th of this month (January) and so as the date draws ever closer, a few things have been fired up to help welcome this release into existence.

-First, there will be a Fortress Listening Party brought to you by Underground Operations and Skate4Cancer at the Sound Academy January 24th. Not only will this be your first opportunity to hear Fortress in it's entirety but there'll also be live entertainment from The Last True Rock & Roller Rody Walker featuring Christopher Wynne and Machete Avenue plus dj sets by Rob Dyer (S4C) and Arif (PTH). Also, take on guitar hero shredders Moe and Luke (PTH) in the Band VS. Fan challenge! Cover is $10, doors are at 7pm.

-Second, we've added not only a Fortress Pre-Order to the UO MerchStore, but also a few sweet sweet pre-order deals that include limited edition posters and t-shirts. signed shit.

There are gonna be some ridiculous afterparties sponsored by Jagermusic on the upcoming tour with Silverstein, featuring the dj talents of mistah Rob Dyer of Skate4Cancer, as well as guest djs from Ill Scarlett and PTH. Check out our tour dates section for info on the Tour, or check out PTH's myspace."

I've been waiting YEARS to see Machete Avenue. And also Rody singing the cigarette song MIGHT be the best thing ever. To hear some of his acoustic stuff go to www.purevolume.com/rody

Is anyone here going to be there?

I went to the Hostage Life/Strung Out show, and Protest the Hero were about 6 different kinds of terrible.

First, with the crowd obviously disappointed they weren't going to see Lagwagon, their singer decided it would be a good idea to come out with an acoustic guitar and play these god awful "joke" acoustic songs, for what seemed like forever, but was probably 20 minutes. He really came off like a douche-nozzle. Then the band came out and did a set that was entirely covers from Dillinger Escape Plans "Irony is a dead scene" album. Although the weirdest thing is they kept saying things like "this is from our new album" and "this is an older one". Bizarre.

I went to the Hostage Life/Strung Out show, and Protest the Hero were about 6 different kinds of terrible.

First, with the crowd obviously disappointed they weren't going to see Lagwagon, their singer decided it would be a good idea to come out with an acoustic guitar and play these god awful "joke" acoustic songs, for what seemed like forever, but was probably 20 minutes. He really came off like a douche-nozzle. Then the band came out and did a set that was entirely covers from Dillinger Escape Plans "Irony is a dead scene" album. Although the weirdest thing is they kept saying things like "this is from our new album" and "this is an older one". Bizarre.

Wait... Protest the Hero did this?? They played all Dillinger songs? FUCK I'm so mad that I missed it. I was in Guelph for the weekend, otherwise I would have went for sure.

Wait... Protest the Hero did this?? They played all Dillinger songs? FUCK I'm so mad that I missed it. I was in Guelph for the weekend, otherwise I would have went for sure.

ha! i think someone missed the joke.

ha! i think someone missed the joke.

yeah. if there was a joke i definitely missed it. haha

EXPLAIN?